1994 Dave Yates Swamp Donki

I really love that. You posted some information about it on here many years ago which I dug out and looked at recently :oops: Way ahead of it's time with the dual ring, disk brakes and rigid forks.

A really cracking bike.

A good friend had those cable disks BITD and they were very good if a little bit of a faff to set up without rubbing. There is a PDF of an MBI test somewhere on here of a Lloyd Wiskas with those brakes.

Really nice. I especially like the mechanical discs. I was once offered a set with hubs and turned them down. Then a week later realised the mistake, asked about them and they'd been given to someone else. Are they any good? I've really wanted a set since, is it worth it?

loving the yates, the welds are stunning, and the old hope brakes, I've been looking for a rear for years.

D.Y

That is splenid...so functional and so elegant / simple at the sametime...quite a refreshing change from the usual jazzy retro-race stuff. I remember seeing the Donkis Nob @ a Malvern's one year and being super impressed by it .

Incidently the are the chainstays Clombus Max?

Good to see it's still being well used to.

Back