NEW PROJECT - RALEIGH - DYNA-TECH - VOYAGER

Not sure what it is as it has been a long time since it was built .

I can weigh it tomorrow as it stands to give you an estimate(it will be a digital bathroom scales job).

I dont think it will be the lightest bike as the lugs are pretty chunky , but who knows it might be a suprise.

will keep you posted

If memory serves they were about 28lbs.

Dyna Techs only got down to the neighbourhood of 25lbs when they went Ti. My Quantum was 27.5lbs with Mag 20's (one of the many reasons it went rigid!) and 24lbs with some trick bits and rigid forks.

A sensible build should see it down in the 25-27 lb region though. Not really the point though, the fact that they are so bomb proof means a lot more to me!

Well i weighed the bike as it stands at the moment and it weighs 23.6lbs

the only things missing are the rear mech and the chain so think it should not wiegh more than 24lbs once i add these components and then change a few things such as the bar , stem and seatpost which are steel at present.

also might go with some different tires too the ritchey magabite is a bit chunky might go for some porc's white if i can find some cheap enough.

i was trying to remember the different bikes from that year and where they sat in the range.

mine - voyager

THWANG-666 - oddessy

as to which was which i dont know , mine has the 2060 tubing but its so long ago i cant rembemer what was better , 2060 or 2070.

dose anyone out there have a brocher or product catalogue for that year i wonder?

Back