East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I went for a ride with Rob (RC200ti) this morning at crack of dawn (well 8am anyway!) - did 2.5 hours on a route I'd mostly done before - however the way we did it today was much better and I really enjoyed it. We just got back as it started to rain - good timing! Rob's rear wheel rim split halfway round which made some of the downhills interesting :shock:

blimey , whats the rim ?

i dont think i was even awake at 8am :LOL:

it rained here briefly at half 11 but after that its been sunny ( yep i left the house at 11 :LOL: :roll: )

just got home from riding with wifey around ladybower,bumped into old ned at the cafe and grinned when i saw his duel responce,forgot the peaks ride was today,oh well,still had a nice leisurely bimble round the water on ss :D

Orange71 said:
think it was a 217 - but it was very worn, sure Rob'll fill you in

Yep it was a 217. I was aware that both front and rear were horribly concave and it was only a matter of time. My mistake was chasing Ed down a rocky track at 34mph (my speed, he was faster), it turned the edge of the rim and split the sidewall to the rear wheel. Slackened the brake right off and enjoyed the rest of the ride with strong and entertaining front stopping only.

Wheel taken into my LBS and I now have a 'guest wheel' care of Orange71 which slotted straight in with just the brakes needing re-setting, gear-changing perfect. So I'm on for The Pines on Wednesday with minimum disruption. Thanks Ed.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride today. Happy to do it again with anybody at any time. It makes a great evening ride with a couple of good pubs in Ticknall at the end of it.

Perry - how I wish I could romp round 25 miles with gears let alone a single speed.

Rob

i wish i could get over 30mph on the road let alone anything rougher . quickest ive seen is a bit over 20 and the bike was getting twitchy a that :LOL:

what will the new rim be ?

Perry - Re the rim I'm not sure. I'm not particularly fussy as long as its Mavic, same profile, light and strong. Suggestions welcome.

i dont know anything about xc rims although i too dont use anything other than mavic on a mtb except for atomlab ( but those are very heavy )

i think this is what the guy was riding , or the frame is the same colour , he had a sdg seat and gold hubs as well as a chaindevice , dont know what the lady had , it looked dark so could have been anything :LOL:

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mo ... y/remedy8/

That Trek's like something off Robocop :shock:

I've stuck to Mavic since I went through a front Araya rim on the Kona many years ago.

Well my weekend of getting fit isn't happening.came home from work today started to sort out a wobbly back wheel problem on the inbred ready for a quick blast,or as close to a blast as i can do,and i start feeling all shakey.i'm not on my mobile in the spare room unable to sleep and probably not going to ride tomorrow.gutted.

Back