Time-warp 1990 Overburys Pioneer

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Bought this on ebay on Sunday evening and collected it last night.
Honestly couldn't believe my luck when the old boy wheeled it out of his house!
He bought a pair of them on 10th November 1990. One was for him and this one was for his wife.
If this bike has covered more than 20 miles in its life then I'd be very supprised.
He supplied it with all of the original paperwork, including pre-sale quotations listing different frame finishes and component options.
The correspondance between the previous owner and Overburys date back to March 1989!
He has fitted Nokia City Runner tires to it at some point but these have never been used (until today :LOL: ) and gave me the original Farmer Johns Nephews too.
The frame is Columbus OR with pretty much LX throughout. Rims are quoted as Mavic, but have no stickers on to confirm this.

All I've done to it is to remove the god-aweful mudguards and cheap bar-ends, and add the obligitory RetroBike stickers ;)

Plans are very simple for this bike. Brake levers are naff so will be looking for some mint period Deore ones and I dont like the bars (as they look pretty naff too). The armchair will have to go too and I've got some NOS DX cantis that I may swapover for the LX ones.

Here are a few pics but will update with some better ones when I stop staring at it :cool:

As I collected it...
IMAGE_060.jpg

Minus muddies and bar ends...
IMAGE_067.jpg

Interesting stem!
IMAGE_069.jpg

Much better now!
IMAGE_070.jpg

Last one, for now ;)
IMAGE_066.jpg

wow! i dream about stories like this... love the paint, the fillets and the seat tube cluster.
I havent seen many overburys, but this is sweet. I'm off to research them more.

Any ideas what happened to his wife's bike? ;)

JPintheCAN":3k3v9dr3 said:
wow! i dream about stories like this... love the paint, the fillets and the seat tube cluster.
I havent seen many overburys, but this is sweet. I'm off to research them more.

Any ideas what happened to his wife's bike? ;)

This one was his wifes bike. His was a solid yellow one and he had already sold it or I would have ended up with both :D

tis amazing the difference removine the guards and bar ends makes. looks sweet

stoner":38njaw40 said:
Looks sweet... One in a million find what happened to the second bike??

The other one had been used a lot more, from what the owner told me.
Apparently it was sold to someone who travelled down to Gilingham from Birmingham to collect. Glad they didn't ask about its 'twin' :LOL:

Back