MacRetro chat and rides thread

Hi Guys

Carron Valley write up now in the Carron Valley thread
or should I post on here as well?

Pic heavy but good pics, thanks Gaz

Jamie

Or anyone of course :oops: just know V has a week day off.

Golspie Wildcat 22nd April

Hi Guys
I had a couple of hours on Wednesday evening so decided to go for a ride down at Golspie at the highland wildcat trails.
Golspie is about an hour or so drive to the south for me but it was such a great sunny warm day I thought I may as well finish it off with a nice ride on some cool trail.
I was on the 06 Stumpy hardtail and did a couple of loops of the red trail.
Its around 7 or so kilometres long with a really good climb for the first half. Its a bit like the one at Cromarty red rocks in that its quite hard going at first but it varies in both terrain and view that its work but enjoyable. The run down hill is the usual Golspie fast flowing singletrack with good jumps, berms and drop ins etc.
Really good fun, especially when I only seen one other person on the trail in the time I was there.
Well worth the trip north for you guys.
Heres a couple of pics.

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

oh yeah and the trail starts at sea level and gets a lot higher than this. Climbing is not optional ;)

Jamie

Was there a time mentioned for Pollock tomorrow ?, sure i seen it somewhere but cant be bothered sifting through all the mince :)

[EDIT] Found it, 9.00 :D

@Gazz and jimi > Have posted in the wanted section but thought I'd ask if either of you has a shiny silver 25.0 / 25.4 seatpost that you'd like to part with?

looks stunning jamie, great pictures.

sorry ac nothing in that size I'm afraid.

9.00 it is jimi

working all week Kaiser :( where are you thinking of going you lucky man.

Niched today

Right that's it! I've really done it this time and it's all Velo's fault. Not only did I buy a retro, but today I really ruined my modern bling shiny xtr carbon bits reputation- up at Laggan for the demo day and walked past all the full bouncers, from carbon marathon bikes to dh monsters and took a Singular singlespeed out for a spin...

Not only that but it was a 29er too!

All is not lost though as I took a fit of red mist again and promptly whupped said full bouncers (about 9-10 of them) on the downhill.

Conclusion: it's Stephen's fault and if another bike appears in the house he can tell Katy

Back