East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":3mldd1pe said:
OK 8am at village hall carpark

See you there. The road was opened just before Easter (National Trust probably insisted 'cos of Calke Abbey).

Paul, sorry you can't make it. I usually ride on Sunday but after last weekend I thought it politic to coincide with Carol's running. Maybe see you on Wednesday at Clipston.

can you PM me your mobile number if you have one in case anything crops up (my wife can occasionally be ill at short notice, she has a chronic condition)? Either that or if I don't turn up by 8.30 then assume I'm not coming. 99% I'll be there though :D

I might pop along tomorrow AM - depends on whether the bed tries to restrain me. If I'm there I'm there, if not i'm not.

I might come on my wife's new bike to field test it ;)

Tempted by you offer Rob but I went out this afternoon and felt like absolute c**p.

Not sure whether it was the fact I just had a slimmer soup and 3 Jaffa cakes for lunch or I am coming down with something :?

Also bought a new Hope seatpost clamp for the Cinder Cone and snapped it over tightening it so today has been a complete MTB nightmare :cry:

The trail gives and the trail takes away, ah, that is life :roll:

perry":10mn80pw said:
is absolute crap anything to do with absolut vodka ?

is it a cocktail or a mixer ?

Damn you Perry, I'm too ill for all this punning, japery and word play ;)

...Although maybe a stiff drink (no jokes please) might prove to be the cure I need :LOL:

Unocogero wrote:
Not sure whether it was the fact I just had a slimmer soup and 3 Jaffa cakes for lunch or I am coming down with something .

The thought of three Jaffa cakes floating about on a lake of slimmer soup (what flavour by the way), all being jolted around is quite revolting and Perry is more than justified in flogging you with his punning and word play.

Sorry you can't join us at Ticknall.

Rob

just got in from todays 25miler

from the start my legs were telling me they wernt really up for it and lacked energy , after about 15miles coming around on the 2nd lap and while pushing against the wind pedaling got easier and i felt fine , got loads of energy from nowhere

while having a pee and a drink at the start of the offroad straight after the road bit i heard voices , no , not in my head :LOL: a guy came around the corner on a shiny full boingy bike with his mrs on hers behind him . first time i had seen anyone out around here . said hello and had a chat about the ruts being plowed and they were impressed i was riding a rigid singlespeed . head off and from the start noticed i was considerably quicker than them . after a few miles i stopped for a drink before the short downhill bit , they eventually caught up but i lost them again going downhill which is a shame as i was hoping for people to ride with :( stopped again a few miles on at the start of the long downhill bit and when they caught up let them go ahead , i had managed to rip my levis open getting off the bike :oops: . the guy went quick but not quick enough to lose me and we had a chat at the bottom by the start of the canal . nice enough couple from peterborough ( i didnt think anyone would want to travel to ride here , its not exactly amazing ) when asked if i was local and did i ride here often and i said only in town and everday they said thats why im so fit , i just laughed , today was a go slow day as ive already done just over 100miles this week :LOL:

i was told there might be some interesting stuff in the woods so ill be checking that out soon , while riding along the canal i saw some lads on not completely crap bikes with long forks so its a possibility :D

Back