Anybody know what this is??

adrian

Dirt Disciple
I bought this as a frame from E-bay about two years ago now.
Had a torrid time building it up, 130mm rear axle spacing, roller for front meck, etc aahhhhh!!!!! Did it it the end and built it up as my commuter, as the frame is bomb proof :)

I loved all the e-stays at the time, but could never afford one as they all tended to be top of the range, so I jumped at the chance of getting one.

The only thing is I have no idea what it is. What I do know is what's it's not
Alpinestars, saracen, etc. I think it's lower down the food chain, and British something like an Al Carter maybe. It has a 1/8th headset, non replacable mech hanger and riveted chain guides, early 90's?

ANY IDEAS :?

Attachments

• DSCF0034.JPG
    DSCF0034.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 3,132
Alpinestars had a different desing for the elevated stays, and previous models where normal design frames. Can´t tell about Saracen because they´ve never been sold in Spain :( .

What are riveted chain guides?

Do you know the original colours?? I think the Scott model was green and black with a touch of white somewhere...

Yeah I'd go for a Scott as well... I remember wanting one of those back then (went for a Specialized Stumpjumper FS in the end). Can't recall what the name was.

But from looking at the front fork I'd say it's a Scott. Panasonic used to have one of those type of frames as well, the MC something. It was green, but I also think it was Tange Prestige and not Alu.

I had a elevated scott, a super evolution I think it was called. Anyway, thats not it. It had square section chain and seatstays and the tubing to the bottom bracket was much bigger. It is a very similar shape though.
This is the only photo I could find on the web
1045Scott_Evo_Alu.jpg

Void(EN12-82)":3976zc9b said:
Yeah I'd go for a Scott as well... I remember wanting one of those back then (went for a Specialized Stumpjumper FS in the end). Can't recall what the name was.

But from looking at the front fork I'd say it's a Scott. Panasonic used to have one of those type of frames as well, the MC something. It was green, but I also think it was Tange Prestige and not Alu.

Void,

I do have that bike. It is made with Tange tubing, but MTB OS, not Prestige. It is a tad heavy, but it is nicely made and it will last centuries. This e-stay is great for all day riding. Mine ➡️

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =panasonic

To me the bike in the 1st post doesn't look like any of the bikes mentioned. Personally I haven't a clue what it is :roll:

- Melvin

Back