1990 Marin Eldridge Grade (updated 23/4 nearly finished)

Benandemu":1bl13efq said:
Both!

In fact, list your collection and let the audience choose.

well there's the other eldridge, identical to this one. or two other marins which are both visable in this thread, im sure an expert like yourself will be able to see the clues to tell what the other bikes are.??? :D ha ha a challenge.

prof farnsworth":3twith8d said:
DSC00166.jpg

Sorry I took a while, but had to run an errand.

Now, from this photo I can see a 1992 Muirwoods (if it is Yellow and not the pale yellow/Green used on the Team Marin) and it looks like a Monocoque front end is attached to the rear triangle in the background.
If I'm right then I think the Monocoque should be first as it's so different from your most recent project.

Benandemu":6fxk44hf said:
prof farnsworth":6fxk44hf said:
Sorry I took a while, but had to run an errand.

Now, from this photo I can see a 1992 Muirwoods (if it is Yellow and not the pale yellow/Green used on the Team Marin) and it looks like a Monocoque front end is attached to the rear triangle in the background.
If I'm right then I think the Monocoque should be first as it's so different from your most recent project.

very good. you even used the more difficult clues.
this photo was a bit of a give-away.
Image008.jpg

ok the monocoque it is then. although im warning you the plans i have for it are for something a little different. it will not be a traditional restoration.

Oooh! Tell me more.
The Monocoques are a strange beast. I've had my finger hover over the 'bid now' button many a time, but always bottled out.

im afraid its a secret for now but will be revealed soon so watch this space.

you are right about the monocoques being strange. i remember seeing them in the catalogues in 96 then, a few years ago i saw a bloke on a railway platform with one. other than mine thats the only other ive ever seen. they seem to be quite rare but rather unloved/forgotten.

fantastic job! a proper resto well done.

i may have to pick your brains at some point in future with regard to paint colours used etc. (if you don't mind!!)

did you source new grips or are they the originals?

rowley":39goesuc said:
did you source new grips or are they the originals?

the grips are replacements for the originals, which i still have but are a bit tired. while not being the same profile as the originals they are similar enough to give the desired effect.

Back