East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

RallyMarshal":3oq3diuu said:
So less of the naming and more of the riding?

Anyone fancy a blast round Pines tonight - from say 6ish?

Paul..

would love too except.......

A) i dont have transport
and
B) i dont think my knee would hold up quite yet (need too ease myself back into riding so as not to aggravate it)

RallyMarshal":i68vhksi said:
So less of the naming and more of the riding?

Anyone fancy a blast round Pines tonight - from say 6ish?

Paul..

Not tonight, I've just had Root Canal work done at the dentist (best place to go) and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Like RC200ti I would probably be up for next Wednesday if anyone fancies it.

On another note, is it the whole Red Route at Dalby on a singlespeed???

Planning to ride from Ticknall village hall car park at about 9.00 on Saturday morning. It would be great to have company.

Ticknall is on the A514 about 25 minutes south of the centre of Derby, and 10 minutes from junction 24 of the M1. Probably ride for 1.5 to 2 hours. Mainly bridleways, some singletrack, a bit of everything really including a mile or so of minor roads. Heavy rain showers on the BBC weather :( but you never know..

I can do this - need to be back for 11am at the latest though - could we start slightly earlier?

is the Ticknall road back open yet from the north? I had to do a big diversion last time.

Great :D

8.00 or anytime after to suite you.
I believe the road's open. Will drive home that way and pm you later.

Rob

OK 8am at village hall carpark :D Weather's set fair for the morning at least. Now which bike to bring?

rc200ti":1e5iw1a0 said:
Planning to ride from Ticknall village hall car park at about 9.00 on Saturday morning. It would be great to have company.

Ticknall is on the A514 about 25 minutes south of the centre of Derby, and 10 minutes from junction 24 of the M1. Probably ride for 1.5 to 2 hours. Mainly bridleways, some singletrack, a bit of everything really including a mile or so of minor roads. Heavy rain showers on the BBC weather :( but you never know..

Would have loved to but got a friends wedding this afternoon and therefore really wont be feeling like riding in the morning I suspect...

However, quite possibly up for a Sunday ride somewhere if anyone fancies tagging along with a slow coach!

Paul..

OK 8am at village hall carpark

See you there. The road was opened just before Easter (National Trust probably insisted 'cos of Calke Abbey).

Paul, sorry you can't make it. I usually ride on Sunday but after last weekend I thought it politic to coincide with Carol's running. Maybe see you on Wednesday at Clipston.

Pines Ride

My Club , the Bolsover & District Cycling club has a ride planned at 6:30pm from Sherwood pines next tuesday (28th)

theres about five of us riding , the others are all on posh new All mountain efforst but im still on my mid 90's fully ridgid Scott , just to prove a point !!

We always finish the ride with a swift pint at a local , probably south forest on this occasion

If anyone from this group who wants to come out , id make them feel more than welcome , not especially Retro but its all about the riding !!

if you want more details feel free to PM

Back