The Budget

I dont bother looking at things like this as it only depresses me even more, There is only one winner when it comes to the government raping you for money.

reanimation":hikyfai6 said:
Why is driving anti social and ungreen, meaning ya only need an old car for those limited miles when ya need to take the family and big stuff out,,, but suddenly ya need a brand new car full of 'new' materials and emissions for that and rewarded by £2000 off. Nuts!
:roll:

Doubt I'm better off, no tax credits or kids, modest jobs, modest drinker, modest car lover, sure it won't break the bank much more than normal though!

Did you know that based on a 10 year life cycle, a car generates 92% of its envoiromental polution during manufacture? So all you Toyota Prius owners who like to think they are saving the planet..... think again you smug gits! Its more enviormentally friendly to run an old car and maintain it- shame the government doesn't reflect this in their taxation structure.

FSR-Si":31di38xm said:
I dont bother looking at things like this as it only depresses me even more, There is only one winner when it comes to the government raping you for money.

free education , free NHS , network of roads , motorway .
i dont think it is that bad .

Response to the Doctor:

Yep exactly!

If the message is buy cars cos the economy needs it then they should say that. Having said that, theres loads of great independents in the UK quietly producing and supplying old car parts.

Booze is a soft touch too, do the government ever think people drink too much cos they are skint or annoyed with prospects etc etc?

anyway election time soon,

"eeny meeny miney mo...." :D

I'm quite happy for people to pay more for their nasty habbits. I would be happy to pay more if I had a car. As the improvement in life is so great compared crappy public transport.
And if you want to save the planet then. Forget electric cars. The planet is over populated. So do as the Chinese do. ONE child per couple.

Thats what narks me- Public transport. If there was a viable alternative people would surely use it rather than be stuck in a car for three hours a day? Its just a constant barage of levies, charges, taxes for the 'luxury' of personal transport.

There are just 21 spaces in our local train station car park and no disabled (or pushchair) access southbound (ie. to Newcastle), the buses cannot get to it because there is no where for them to turn round, so no link up with other forms of public transport. When you do get to the station the train times do not work with timings at the other end. Its a bloody joke! If they want us to give up cars they have to provide us with an alternative, not more taxation.

I now cycle to work and around town now and only use the car for business trips away and the odd jolly. Now that would be a good thing for everyone- good exercise for the fatties :? So then, why doesn't the government remove VAT on bikes and bike parts? Or even reward employees who cycle to work with tax breaks? i know you can get money off a bike through your employer, but wouldn't it be nice to see more money in your pocket of the trousers that are now two sizes smaller?

Si

Being unemployable, im betting i'll be worse off :LOL: :LOL:
But i couldnt care less,as even if youre better off now ,they WILL find a way to claw it back :evil:

cchris2lou":tfjroob3 said:
FSR-Si":tfjroob3 said:

free education , free NHS , network of roads , motorway .
i dont think it is that bad .

Non of the above is free sorry, We all pay for that through Nic's, Income Tax, Road Tax, Council Tax, etc, etc.......

But every year the price of the above taxes goes up but does life get any easier on the wallet for average joe.....No

Like i said one winner

Back