The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper - whats it worth

Easy_Rider":td1ehdi2 said:
Rords":td1ehdi2 said:
Hi,

I have a 1994 stumpy in light army green (only way I can descibe it). It has most of the original LX Deore kit on it except for a Lite Force flat handle bar. I'm looking to sell it as since getting into riding a bit more I know it's too small for more than a 2hr ride (I'm 6ft 2).

I have very little idea of what it's worth, please can someone give me some guidance.

At the moment pictures are on my link in the For Sale section but the mods may remove this as I'm unable to ask a specific price (sorry guys!).

I'd love it to go to someone who would really appreciate it so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There is one for sale at the moment http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57719

Not quite the same, but this went cheap on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIALIZED-STUMP ... 240%3A1318

Depending on condition then around the 120 mark would be a good top end price. If you want more then split it ;)

That one that went cheap was horrid...apples and oranges when compared to the steel ones above. I say $200 to $275 USD is what to expect.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Rocky Mountain Element, 1996

Nick 32sixteen":13ppzhik said:
Element 1996 frame with '3-D' link. Raw frame, yellow swingarm/seatstays 1996 Judy XC forks (the nickelite coloured ones) and Fox vanilla coil shock

You should paint the Judys yellow to match the swingarm. :cool:

I'll give you £20 for it to get it out of your way. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Xesh":1hmk2di7 said:
Nick 32sixteen":1hmk2di7 said:
Element 1996 frame with '3-D' link. Raw frame, yellow swingarm/seatstays 1996 Judy XC forks (the nickelite coloured ones) and Fox vanilla coil shock

I'll give you £20 for it to get it out of your way. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I bet you would!

I had a 1998 Instinct (same frame but hand painted essentially). It looked stunning and only sold it as I decided it was too big for me. I sold the frame for £180 iirc, although to be fair it was in top condition & more expensive model in the first place, but it should give you an idea.

If you do split and sell the frame to xesh for £20, i'll take the cranks for £15!

Xesh":2lj2ftxz said:
Nick 32sixteen":2lj2ftxz said:

But then instead of being authentic they'd be a poor imitation of the later, longer travel model years.

These have the authentic patina of Mark I Judys.

This bike is just a bit too big for me. So the options are. Have surgery to lengthen my little legs or sell the bike.

I'm biting the bullet and the bikes going. All new apart from frame and forks. Wheelset nearly new, frame really good condition, forks good too. New NOS Shock, new decals, new groupset, new XT everything. Hope headset, spacer, seatclamp.

How much guys?

It's a large frame

Attachments

• CIMG1708.JPG
    CIMG1708.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,965
  • Forks.jpg
    Forks.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,965
  • Crank Derailleur.jpg
    Crank Derailleur.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,965
  • Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,965
I'm thinking of selling my Look Fournales fork. I haven't even ridden it yet but I need the cash more than the fork. It's got the manual and disc mount as well as documentation showing that the shock was serviced in 2008. I've had it since Nov '08 and the fork was serviced in Feb '08 by Fournales.

It's in excellent condition apart from the right hand brake boss (see pic). You can still use a brake with it though.

I was thinking of putting it up for £200 posted. Is this too much?

Attachments

• Lookbrakeboss.JPG
    Lookbrakeboss.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • ForksnVs01.JPG
    ForksnVs01.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,368
What you think 1999 stumpjumper pro (15") frame (headset + bb) , Some rubbing but overall clean

NOS Nike Pooh-bahs ( Sadly had to ditch the boxes )

DSC05667.jpg

DSC05665.jpg

Orange - Aluminium O

I've got an Orange Aluminium O complete bike in purple, but requires some good TLC :oops: .

what sort of price is it worth?

hi....

have been thinking of parting with my zaskar frame...which has been in the attic for the last year or so....

its a 16" and is ball burnished and i have owned it since new (1992)

doesnt have the original decals but i believe these are readily available?!?
no dents but a bit of scratching in a few places....has dulled a bit but would polish up a treat....

only pic i have of it at the moment is this....

DSCF3721.jpg

but the frame is now stripped down with just a bottom bracket still in place.

any ideas of 2nd hand value will be greatly appreciated!
cheers
jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back