NE & Yorks Group- Dark Peak.... Sat 25 April

Old Ned":1c9ng6o8 said:
The 'Mystery Bike' is built and I'm going to try it out in the morning to make sure it stays together and nowt falls off!

I must admit that it's been a bit of a so-and-so to put together and taken a lot of fiddling and a bit (!) of bad language but hopefully it will be OK on the day!

Weather report for Saturday seems favourable on Look North this evening, I just hope the rain holds off until we get back!

Took it out this morning and it seems OK. The only bit that fell off was me :oops: :oops:

On my Scott I have cut down flat bars (as all proper early 90's XC racers have) but on the Mystery Bike they are wide risers and I completely misjudged a narrow gate that I usually fly through. Caught the tip of the bars on one side which threw me off sideways and I ended up in a heap in the road! Luckily I didn't damage anything of value (especially my brand new 3/4 knee tights!!) only myself with scrapes on elbow, hip and knee. I'll be OK for Saturday - although I will now have an excuse if I drift off the back........... ;)

Arrgh, poor dude. :oops: At least its a manly reunion with the deck, and ya survived. :cool:

My moderns have uncut risers, amazing how wide they are when ya get to gates and stuff, stoppp!

So we are all deffo riding retro on Saturday? I'm fettling the bikes up now but don't want to turn up on Saturday to see you've all gone for 6" all mountain rigs!

Si

Good news and bad news I'm afraid I'm pulling out of Saturdays ride as I'm not 100% fit net and a 2 hr drive on top of a 30 mile ride is a bit too much at the mo ,on the flip side I've now got clearance from work for the weekender .sorry its short notice.

Dr S":15xeqytj said:
So we are all deffo riding retro on Saturday? I'm fettling the bikes up now but don't want to turn up on Saturday to see you've all gone for 6" all mountain rigs!

Si

Oh Yes! It may be a Mystery but it's a Retro Mystery :D

Yeah, still up for this. Tasha might not make it, but we'll see. Haven't had any confirmation either way from Andy

Back