jaquie phelan - pics ?

She has at the Single Speed Worlds this year in Stockholm, still riding a Phoenix

Picture of her and Hurl from CRC

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 2,568
Worldcup 1991 Klosters / Switzerland

This is one of my private collection. Hope this helps you.
[/url]

Attachments

• jp.jpg
    jp.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,406
  • jp2.jpg
    jp2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,406
Jacquie and I are longtime friends. She lives about three miles from my home. I have lots of photos of Jacquie, dating back to the '80s. Now I have to heat up the scanner.

On my site I have scanned a Dave Epperson photograph from the 1980 "Appetite Seminar" ride. The resolution sucks because it was scanned from a magazine, but this shows Jacquie on her first MTB ride, before she even had a suitable bike. She had ridden her 3-speed, a girl's frame with a basket, from San Francisco to Fairfax, about 20 miles, then went on the ride, then rode home. I can't tell you how tough that must have been!

In this detail from a larger photograph, we are meeting for the first time, an interesting moment for a photographer to capture. I'm wearing the yellow shirt, Jacquie in shorts and a white shirt. Gary Fisher is at top left, in a blue jersey and knit hat. Jacquie is wearing a helmet, which makes her the only person on the ride to do so. I am flanked by my brother and Denise Caramagno, my associate in publishing the Fat Tire Flyer.

Here is the web page it came from.

seminar_inset.jpg

More Jacquie

Attachments

• Jacquie1.jpg
    Jacquie1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2,293
  • jacquie_bishop.jpg
    jacquie_bishop.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 2,292
  • scan0029.jpg
    scan0029.jpg