East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

do any of you midlanders intend to enter the SSUK at dalby?

If so, we can have a regional face off kind of thang- the hairy arsed jocks "macretro" will have a strong contingent of weak old folk competing and a large tartan encampment planned- only kilt wearer will be allowed into the inner sanctum :LOL:

well done on the sticky, I look forward to hearing all about your rides, seeing your pictures/ videos that feature great music ;)

All hail Clan MiDRetro- Lang may your lum reek!

i might be interested in the SSUK if others are...

not that i'll claim anything other than having a recently built SS that I feel the need to ride at any opportunity at the moment!

stick my name down for this group whatever name you finally decide on.

fingers crossed my knee is back to a useable state and will be able to join you on a few rides (as long as i can get a lift off someone being as i dont drive :p )

I'm easy going so please don't take this as trying to stick my oar in but we need to be mindfull of new members of the site. If they see a mid retro sticky will they know what its all about? Will the lincolnshire/yorkshire massive be put off by being referred to as midlands? I do like the sound of midretro and i have no constructive suggestions to add other than 'the midlands/east mids/south yorkshire/north lincolnshire retro cycling/cake eating(there will be cake won't there?) group' but that doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Yorkshire won't mind as they are part of the North East and Yorks Area Group. I'd suggest a name that reflects your geographic location so as to help newbies find a home, Mid Shires Retro or Retro Central etc. Would work.

Back