anniversary clockwork project (update pics page 2)

changing the red on the forks to orange would be sweet

i dont think the orange and red looks that bad though

Orange

With a colourway of the frame being so bright, need to tone down the component selection? Here's mine, front mech is about to be changed to a Black Chromed Shimano caged one, for more of a stealth look. Apologies for the Reba Race forks, but the matt Black tones with the framevso well and travel is infinitely adjustable from zero to 110 travel to dial the geometry spot on. It gets major use!
ClockworkFruit001.jpg

i think those rock shox reba look the buisness black, cant wait to get my new legs sprayed and get some nice new decals (unlike the shoddy ones i bought off the bay :evil: )

going to try the xtr chainset tonight to see if it looks better, or not.

i really cant wait to take this bike out and actually ride it though as many people have commented on the clockworks ride qualities :D

p.s. wold ranger- did you have trouble finding an aftermarket seat post in 29.6? cant seem to source a good one from anywhere?

The post is an Easton CT2 27.2, (really light and strong and gives a bit of flex too) the frame should come with a shim so you can use this option. I have a decent polished in-line 29.6 post if you want? I can also source a shim for you if you want tho? 29.6 to 27.2, a decent quality one, not a cheap one, bout a tenner I think Cane Creek Black cnc machined one.
I think Thomson do a 29.6 post too?

That's looking cool I reckon. I'm going to fly in the face of popular opinion and say that I think the anno bits work OK but that the cranks are just a step too far. I'd be tempted to try your XTR cranks with red bolts maybe?
I hate to admit this but the Judys look cool as well (I must be going soft!) :D

Oh and you've done a cracking job with that stealth build Phil. :cool:

I'm seriously feeling the need for another Clockwork now. :roll:

Lovely bike, tried to find one of these a while back before I got my Duster and failed lol

Not overly keen on the cranks....I think silver XT/XTR all round would suit it better but that's just personal preference.

Back