NE & Yorks Group- Dark Peak.... Sat 25 April

The 30 miles is over Cut gate, down to slippery stones and around Howden Resr to Ladybower Inn before returning up and along the other side of the valley. See MBUK a few months back for the full route.

If coming over from Manc'r, Lancs or Liverpool area.... Take Woodhead over the tops and turn right at Flouch Roundabout (sp. Sheffield, Stocksbridge) Langsett Resr car park is on your right a few miles down the road.

I'm on my phone or I would post up a Google Earth map- could someone else post one up?

Si

Shall we get organised Northumbrians?

Jack, If you want i can pick up Andy as I'm travelling alone and pass his street on the way (and I won't look like Billy No Mates on the way down) We can then meet en-route for a spot of early breakfast at the Little Thief on the A1 and then go down in convoy as i know the back road shortcuts from the motorway. I'm sure you can keep up with the big yellow truck ;)

Had my first run on the bike this morning since Thrunton and getting man flu- lets say that i have to make a very good recovery in the next 48hours or I'm going to be buggered!

Si

Spoke to Andy last night, he's still to confirm. The long day was to the overall round trip. :LOL:

P20":2mwn8yzk said:
Spoke to Andy last night, he's still to confirm. The long day was to the overall round trip. :LOL:

Its not so bad, I do that trip 20 times a year going down to see friends. Once you get rolling it soon passes. A19 would be a better bet than the A1, its quieter and a little more scenic. Good Little Thief near Thirsk that breaks up the journey nicely.

Looking forward to it.

Si

Well if your picking up Andy, i might be going for Durham, an extra 30 mins in bed :LOL: :LOL:

P20":2zybm2jm said:
Well if your picking up Andy, i might be going for Durham, an extra 30 mins in bed :LOL: :LOL:

See you both at the Little Thief at Rainton then around say 7:30

(Rainton LC is just a few hundred yards before where the A19 and A1 meet, you can't miss it)

Give Andy a shove ;)

Si

Dr S":14duhekg said:
The 30 miles is over Cut gate, down to slippery stones and around Howden Resr to Ladybower Inn before returning up and along the other side of the valley. See MBUK a few months back for the full route.

If coming over from Manc'r, Lancs or Liverpool area.... Take Woodhead over the tops and turn right at Flouch Roundabout (sp. Sheffield, Stocksbridge) Langsett Resr car park is on your right a few miles down the road.

I'm on my phone or I would post up a Google Earth map- could someone else post one up?

Si

That makes sense another 5miles on to ladybower inn and back.

The 'Mystery Bike' is built and I'm going to try it out in the morning to make sure it stays together and nowt falls off!

I must admit that it's been a bit of a so-and-so to put together and taken a lot of fiddling and a bit (!) of bad language but hopefully it will be OK on the day!

Weather report for Saturday seems favourable on Look North this evening, I just hope the rain holds off until we get back!

Go on man Ned. :)

Well I'm getting a bit nervous now, my last trip out was, hmm at the back with a shakey head! non booze hangover! fighting any trace of Sinnetts man flu stressing, Sure I can do it, at least the bike fits me this time, speaking of which, I'm painting the stem to go on tonight, then refit of some brakes and maybe some last min training at the BMX track.

"Slippery stones" are a minor concern, is this a job for modern tyres or will the old megabites be able to cope?

Sounds like the drive over will be relatively short.

I've opted for 16 year old Ritchey Megabites :shock:

Slippery stones is the river crossing- there is a bridge now. Cut gate is a little rocky and stoney in places though. You will be fine- we won't be out to break any records and no-one gets left behind. I still feel like shit too, so no worries.

Si

Latest posts

Back