Henley-on -Thames ride, aftermath

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Did Tioga Psycho tyres ever really work? Well not in some of the muck lying around South Oxfordshire...

That aside it was great to meet some new faces and to finally see the bike of a familiar one. Hopefully we can put something similar together a little later in the year as there are plenty of trails to discover. I'd hope that things will have dried out a bit by then but no promises!

I'll try to get my act together and pop the few photos I took online later this week.

Ok so here we are, a group photo before and a group photo after.

From left to right (top photo) we have jonnyboy666 ridng a modern Orange full susser, kingroon riding a modern On One Inbred hardtail, Splatter Paint riding an '88 I think Kona Fire Mountain, mtbfix riding a 1996 Dekerf hardtail, and my bike :shock: a 1995 Stumpjumper FSR

Some of the others took photos during the ride, come on guys.

hey guys!

sorry for the late reply! i went straight on the piss in london after the ride and didn't get on line, then went straight to wales after that!! so this has been the first time i got on line since the ride!!

awsome trails! i was really surprised as to what was there! was abit boggy in places which made it really hard going and that last descent was great!! :D :D

awsome as usual to meet retro riders and FYI the reason i was on the st4 was coz i knew i would be going to coed y brenin without returning home first!!

i'll upload my couple of pics once i looked through the 11 pages of stuff i haven't seen yet!!! :LOL:

here's my couple of pics! I thought i had taken more! but obviousley not!!! :LOL:

Attachments

• henley pic1.jpg
    henley pic1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,357
  • henley pic2.jpg
    henley pic2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,357
Yeah, good ride! Dunno about you lot with suspension and v-brakes though.... if i had known you'd be riding modern steeds (anything fitted with v-brakes!) I'd have offered the use of my spare 1990 Fire Mountain!

I'm hunting around for some nice amber / skin wall tyres - I spotted some called Crown King on eBay, but the chap never got back to me about sending some pics of the tread pattern. I did find some IRC Notos replicas too which may stop me disapearing into hedges!

I must drag the '89 Muddy Fox out of my parents garage this weekend...

It was indeed a great ride, sorry I've only just got around to replying to this thread! I only have one photo and it's on the blurry side :oops: :LOL:

Attachments

• 3037_99670425419_561895419_3018414_1306519_n.jpg
    3037_99670425419_561895419_3018414_1306519_n.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,325
I only live a short distance from that car park though I don't currently ride. Could do some nice action shots though for those in this neck of the woods!

I have been there alot recently as you can get to the river a short hope from that car park...

Back