New member - same question!

Alf Duez

Retro Newbie
Hi

Like so many new members I will kick off my account with the question - Can anyone shed more details on the bike I have?

It is a Raleigh Dynatech 605 in glorious mottled pink/purple. It has a full Sachs-Huret New Success gruppo with Mavic MA2 rims. I changed front mech to a Sora due to Sachs one needing an overhaul.

Despite searching I cannot find much about the Dynatech 605. However the New Success seemed to be half decent. I picked it up off ebay as a Winter bike but have decided to try and get it back to decent nick.

If it's like some other forums then

I know my grass needs cutting and fence needs creosoting
Tyres would be useful and the current seating arrangements look painful :LOL:

Any info would be useful

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF4408 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4408 (Small).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCF4409 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4409 (Small).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCF4419 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4419 (Small).JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCF4417 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4417 (Small).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 674
Hay you should see our garden. full of dead frogs & cat shit :shock:
Sorry know nothing about you racing bike :oops:
But please buy a seat :LOL: You know it makes sense ;) Or are you a 'weight weanie' :? :LOL:

spookily enough I have found more in the last 1/2 hr on this site than in 6 months trawling jumble sales, internet and ebay.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=51205

This document shows that I have a version of the 600 series with 2060 Chrome - Moly -Manganese tubing. This sits in bottom half of Dynatech range. The 600 came with Shaimano equipment. I guess the 605 was a veriation with Sachs-Huret

sorry i dont know anything about the bike but ive been waiting a long time for a reason to use this pic

comicbikestreamlined1.png

Latest posts

Back