Sports Casuals MM09 Virtual Training Camps - Tapering!

Went to Thetford last Monday with the RB gang, rode the SS and flew around the singletrack. The only bits I struggled with were the really fast open bits when I could not spin my legs fast enough. Going for a couple of hours solo tomorrow at Chicksands, plan to do circuits of the woods with a few hill intervals as I go. Couldn't decide which bike to take, this one could do with a run, that one needs some work on it, ended up deciding to take the SS again :D

Just got back from Chicksands, lovely ride, a little damp in places but great fun. Don't ride the singletrack as fast solo as I would with a group 'cos you never know what could happen, plus the woods are full of walkers this time of day. Rode the SS up some steep stuff without much trouble - bumped into a yummy mummy [ding! dong!] out with a little'un who's bike had thrown its chain. Good ride. Out on the road bike tomorrow evening for a beasting off Tony the roadie.

Attachments

• ss-003.jpg
    ss-003.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,107
Weeks and weeks of training undone by man flu. I'm so weak I cannot climb the stairs today. I want my mummy :cry: :cry:

A pic of some of my riding last week. Went on holiday to visit my Dad so visited some of my old haunts as a teenager. Changed quite considerably - much of the interesting stuff as been levelled out and a bike cafe placed on it.

3459406843_0ef912f564_b.jpg

So training over last couple of weeks - couple 10 miles rides, 1 15ish mile ride (no speedo on new bike). Now back to the gym this evening doing some interval training on bike and rowing machine.

I have some serious work to do when I get back, I honestly must of put on about stone + and grown at least 2 new chins since being on holiday :oops:

Hell nothing like a challenge :LOL:

daj":2vvxuync said:
I have some serious work to do when I get back, I honestly must of put on about stone + and grown at least 2 new chins since being on holiday :oops:

David, whilst strictly speaking you're 'The Enemy' as far as Mayhem goes and as such I should be sabotaging your efforts. I'll take you out and beast you round the Cotswolds in the name of 'training' when you get back :)

Could do the HONC route if you like? (the bits that weren't on private land that is).

Russell":15f9iw87 said:
daj":15f9iw87 said:

David, whilst strictly speaking you're 'The Enemy' as far as Mayhem goes and as such I should be sabotaging your efforts. I'll take you out and beast you round the Cotswolds in the name of 'training' when you get back :)

Could do the HONC route if you like? (the bits that weren't on private land that is).

Russell,

Talking with the enemy !!!

Just dont foget he only gets a one way trip out.

Hey, thats a Bourbon you are refering to. Watch your step boy! :evil:

You'll take very good care of him unless you want a visit from the Doctor in the middle of the night!

;)

Latest posts

Back