Riding in the Sunderland area

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I may have to run the other half into Sunderland in a few weeks for a day. As this will leave me free for a day in the area are there any trail ctr types of places round there? I guess Hexham Common is not a million miles away either?

Plenty of good riding. North Yorks moors are around 40 mins to the south, Guisbro' woods 30 mins south, Keilder an hour north west, Hexham Common 45 mins west, Chopwell woods about 25 mins west, Thrunton 45 mins north....... spoilt for choice matey.

What date are you coming up? might be able to russle up some of the NE group for a mini meet.

Si

We'd probably be coming up to my folks in Harbottle (Rothbury way) for the weekend and then I would have to drop herself at the Doxford In. Est. for the day on Tuesday. This would, assuming that plans settle into place, be the first weekend in May.

mtbfix":3hjrdcc0 said:
We'd probably be coming up to my folks in Harbottle (Rothbury way) for the weekend and then I would have to drop herself at the Doxford In. Est. for the day on Tuesday. This would, assuming that plans settle into place, be the first weekend in May.

Simonside and Thrunton are both with 10 minutes of Rothbury and so am I. Give me a shout and i'll skive a day off and show you round.

Si

Do you know Tim Carpenter, Andy Armstrong et al? Have been out with them on forays past. Let me confirm what the plans are this weekend and I will make arrangements and will be in touch. Thanks for your help.

The other half now has to go to Merthr on that Tuesday so we're probably heading west instead. So much for trying to organise stuff! I'll drop you a line when next we come up to see the folks. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back