Grisley - anybody remember these?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peter-Grisley-Bik ... dZViewItem

efca_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I remember thinking they looked like big heavy ugly 'Raleigh Max' stylee things... No idea if they were though! :)

they werent that heavy, think my mates mega 20 was 25lbs, lighter than my bike at the time-about right for £600 bike. with rigid forks it rode really stiff, quick, but harsh. shame it got nicked. , mind you i think he bought his first car or summat with the insurance money...........

orange71":2elp7cab said:
I always wondered - are they as heavy as they look?

I had one of them, that i done up with XT gear etc, I actually found it a very responsive bike, when upgrading the bike it was quite light aswell.

some swine stole it though!!

Grisley

The oversize ones were horrid! The earlier ones were much nicer.My mate had an earlier one, think they were made by Vitus.They were slim alloy tubes bonded into alloy lugs,bit like an alan frame.It had Ritchey logic parts,XT and Mag 21's.Lovely! Max

Back