airborne lucky strike, 20.5 lb

We could live in that shed :LOL: very nice.

That is a long seat post. Impressive weight. The only thing the bothers me is it tubeless. :roll:

Oh and nice scales :D

Strength has not been comprmised in any way in my opinion.
Most of the running gear is 8speed m950 xtr which in is extremely durable and light weight. I dont run the xtr crankset because it needs xtr specific octalink bb and the original rings are as soft as cheese and are hard to source and prohibitively expensive but the cooks which are similar weight {if all chain ring bolts are replaced with ali} and take aftermarket rings such as middleburn.
I did have xtr m950 V brakes but the pivots had started to get play so presently running avid ti which are lighter
The bontrager race Xlite wheelset is where I would expect a problem to
occur but they have stayed true for the last 800miles and are very light. . they are straight laced and only 24 spokes running 2.3 tubeless tyres.
Tyres are not light at 535 gms but I can run low tyre pressures which make the ride less skitish
The sids are light and reliable ,80mm of travel but can be bit flexy when ridden hard.
pedals are xpedo with ti spindles .
Generally use royce ti bb's which are the dogs nuts and UK made
As with a lot of fellow retro mountainbikers my serious mountain bike days were the early 90's when everybody was into the weight weenie thing,cant get out of that mindset.

Pic was taken at danbury the other day.

Todays Tubeless wheelsets are superb.Im sure they seem to roll with more ease over obstacles and I can run 30psi which helps tracking with a light bike. No more punctures . far better than latex tubes and 300grm maxis tyres .

Good spec, agree on the wheels though...I just don't think I could run any less than 32's, not because I'm heavy but I like to get some air!

Never got into the early 9os weight craze....just couldn't afford it (still can't now either lol)

light

I love that, just don't buy the light is weak arguement though, it's the simple matter of horses for courses! Matching the parts for the job, for all day trail riding. I'd go for light anyday. If you want to shred/downhill/jump build a hardnut, but try riding one all day! I did a few weeks back on a 30 pound plus Tough HT and I was knackered for a week. Some of the steep climbs I even had to walk up. Did the same route last Saturday on my lightish Clockwork and it was a Breeze by comparison and never even needed the Granny ring.

Back