Rocky Mountain Ti Bolt

Some thoughts, and I'll try to be constructive:

I really dont see where you were going with this build. IMO, you need to go one way or the other with this :

1) Retro showbike. The cranks, brakes, drivetrain, and wheels set that frame off nice. The fork is nice as well, but lose that crown and the boots. Lose the tires and the bar. Replace with red z-maxs and Syncros bar. Lose the red saddle. Your red scheme should stay somewhat subtle, as you're trying to accetuate the graphics, and the flite overdoes it. Lose that blue crown. You may have thought it looked cool, but you were wrong.

2) Rider. Keep the bars and tires. Those green Michelins get dumped on because of their color, but they are very good tires in the wet stuff. Lose the brakes and get yourself some XT Vs. Lose the saddle. Every part of rider/bike contact surface eventually turns to black with use. The fork... if it had its original brace I'd say lose it, but IIRC the Shockbones held up better, so it might be ok.

All these photos needed to be binned in trade for one sideshot, drivetrain side, taken outside.

The Flite is a bit much for me too, but being constructive I hope:

a. it looks to me as though the black wheels would look better on the Dean and the Dean's silver wheels would look better on the Rocky

b. the blue crown looks as though it was intended to go with the blue bits on the On-One, but that fork would be great if you had a silver crown for it.

It's all a matter of personal taste though. I personally think titanium looks best with a plainish accompaniment, so Juiceboxx's wifey's bike looks just right to me. But then other people like it jazzier.

ameybrook":2490vgvw said:
Some thoughts, and I'll try to be constructive:

I really dont see where you were going with this build. IMO, you need to go one way or the other with this :

1) Retro showbike. The cranks, brakes, drivetrain, and wheels set that frame off nice. The fork is nice as well, but lose that crown and the boots. Lose the tires and the bar. Replace with red z-maxs and Syncros bar. Lose the red saddle. Your red scheme should stay somewhat subtle, as you're trying to accetuate the graphics, and the flite overdoes it. Lose that blue crown. You may have thought it looked cool, but you were wrong.

2) Rider. Keep the bars and tires. Those green Michelins get dumped on because of their color, but they are very good tires in the wet stuff. Lose the brakes and get yourself some XT Vs. Lose the saddle. Every part of rider/bike contact surface eventually turns to black with use. The fork... if it had its original brace I'd say lose it, but IIRC the Shockbones held up better, so it might be ok.

All these photos needed to be binned in trade for one sideshot, drivetrain side, taken outside.

Hi Ameybrook.

Thanks for your input. The bike's an occassional rider. I use it now and again when I take the dog for walkies! Agree with some of what you say. Green tyres are on the Dean at the mo. Blue fork crown will either be getting re-anodised black or red, if I find out the steerer can be removed without damaging it, or it'll be getting polished. XT Vs would be too modern.

Cheers!

Attachments

• zzPicture 018.jpg
    zzPicture 018.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,135
juiceboxx":3rntoh6i said:
rocky titanium, barely ridden. wifeys

That's nice! Interesting that the decals are same style as "TiBolt" but earlier. They're the original decals yeah? :D

Attachments

• PICT0904.jpg
    PICT0904.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,118
Anthony":2xrr5115 said:
The Flite is a bit much for me too, but being constructive I hope:

a. it looks to me as though the black wheels would look better on the Dean and the Dean's silver wheels would look better on the Rocky

b. the blue crown looks as though it was intended to go with the blue bits on the On-One, but that fork would be great if you had a silver crown for it.

It's all a matter of personal taste though. I personally think titanium looks best with a plainish accompaniment, so Juiceboxx's wifey's bike looks just right to me. But then other people like it jazzier.

Hi Anthony.

Might be right about the rim colour but the wheels are staying on TiBolt 'cos of ti spokes and Hugi hubs!

The blue crown will be changing colour soon to either black, red or polished. Would look good on the Rektek (looks like an On-One) but the Judy FSX makes the TiBolt handle really well (tried quite a few forks over the last 14 years I've owned the bike). The 440mm RC31 too long for TiBolt but fine on Rektek and 420mm RC31 fine on the Dean.

Cheers!

Attachments

• zzPicture 024.jpg
    zzPicture 024.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,119
tiboltrider123":19mspgk4 said:
juiceboxx":19mspgk4 said:
rocky titanium, barely ridden. wifeys

That's nice! Interesting that the decals are same style as "TiBolt" but earlier. They're the original decals yeah? :D

Look at the dropouts & cable routing between the two Titaniums.

Back