1995 Zaskar project

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
OK, the Klein still has no wheels...the Kona is hanging with only a fork, headset and stem installed, and I need another frame like I need a hole in the head!

Still...I have another frame! :shock:

1995 Zaskar...

Attachments

• IMG_3401small.JPG
    IMG_3401small.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_3403small.JPG
    IMG_3403small.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_3404small.JPG
    IMG_3404small.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_3400small.JPG
    IMG_3400small.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 671
That one is 6061-T6? What does it weigh?

That is really nice. Fine example of of aluminum craftsmanship. Represents the time when GT was at the top of thier game.
I may be turning to the Darkside. :cool:

Yes, 6061 stamped on the inside of the drive side rear dropout, so a proper Zaskar. Was pretty tough to clean up without polishing out the burnished finish. I could make it mirror like, but that would defeat the purpose of having GT's ball burnished finish in the first place.

Not too easy to photograph in the sunlight, but the pics came out ok. Frame is a rider for sure, with some chain suck scars and a dented top tube from bar swing. :cry: Once built up and dressed with proper decals, it should be a fine specimen.

utahdog2003":2llw99n8 said:
Yes, 6061 stamped on the inside of the drive side rear dropout, so a proper Zaskar. Was pretty tough to clean up without polishing out the burnished finish. I could make it mirror like, but that would defeat the purpose of having GT's ball burnished finish in the first place.

Not too easy to photograph in the sunlight, but the pics came out ok. Frame is a rider for sure, with some chain suck scars and a dented top tube from bar swing. :cry: Once built up and dressed with proper decals, it should be a fine specimen.

Haven't seen much without it. My GT LTS has two dents, one crash and one also from the bar, but I lifted the bike and the bar turned to the frame and even then it dented.

And I know the polishing, took me hours to polish my LTS and RTS and I also did Martin's 1992 Zaskar.
But he gave me a Snickers

Back