MacRetro chat and rides thread

Think the ring was alloy, everything on his bike seemed to be alloy, weird mechanical though, never seen anything like it.

I'm up for a Northern weekender, got loads of Anual leave and no one to get permission off other than my employer.

Now Kaiser, have you got the SS built yet !!!!

After CV in the glorious sunshine I built my Hardrock up into an SS from bare frame including press fitting headset and installing B/B in under 4 hours complete. Not a thing of beauty I know but a working example :D
Why can you not do this Kaiser, stop faffing and just build the thing. Gaz's Dale is a thing of beauty and so fast and light :cool:

I'll be at Drumlanrig on an SS but I suspect with Gears for Ae :roll:

Cheers

I have started a new ss project :roll: but I will finish this one. Its in the best tradition of macretro singlespeeds ie its fooked at the moment, but it is alloy and it is shiney. Need a wee bit of welding done which I'm hoping to get done this afternoon.

wee bit of welding :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds like one of my builds.

SS ride at drum for me- might be the on-one if I get a following wind.

so the on one going ss? ps did you get brakes sorted out?

got a set of avid 7's in the post today :cool: and riser bars from dyna ti, just need the tug nut from AC and fit the hollowtech cranks and I should be good to go.

I was going to powdercoat but will run with the bike to see if I like it first.

since jamie has yet to pick up his mail here is a retro bike action shot from CV to wet your appetite

DSC05966.jpg

kaiser":2i3y3dfr said:
That is fecked, was it a steel ring too??

Not sure TBH, will have a look at the remains still stuck to the crank later :)

Should be ok for Pollock park next weekend, will get the E3 sorted for then ;)

velomaniac":2tsjmx3c said:
I'm up for a Northern weekender, got loads of Anual leave and no one to get permission off other than my employer.

Kool and the gang, any thoughts on the agenda? I know you also wanted to do golspie. Laggan looks like it could be a good starter, would be able to get the travelling in and ride the trails. D'ya reckon DD would still be up for it?

Back