airborne lucky strike, 20.5 lb

colinr

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I think I have finally managed to work out how to post pics after being a member on here from the early days of retrobikes conception.
Here is my daily rider
airborne lucky strike 2002
M950 ti sprocket and m950 sti units
topline ti bb
cooks cranks
sids
bontrager race X lite tubeless wheelset.

Quite a few retro parts ,could be lighter without compromising strength.

Attachments

• 2004_0313airbourne0016.JPG
    2004_0313airbourne0016.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 3,426
  • 2004_0313airbourne0014.JPG
    2004_0313airbourne0014.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,426
wow, thats a long seastpost! you must be a funny shape? nice bike tho. different tho as usually its an older frame with modern parts.

You're rite,that sheds amazing!

Rhubarb the dog would be proud of that! ;) Infact with a shed like that he may even win the respect of Custard!! Why can't they just get along? :(

Al, going for a lie down. ;)

ps you're bikes nice.

Yes that is my shed.

Built it myself.Its a traditional oak framed affair constructed of english green oak .
It is all morticed and tennoned and pegged ina traditional fashion with all the oak exposed internally.[ no nails or screws used for the frame} with 75mm of celotex insulation so its nice and warm in the winter. The cladding is scottish cedar which I have left unpainted and achieves a silvery patina with age.

It looks like everyone is more impressed with my shed than with my two wheels. :LOL:
Its bloody hard work trying to get a hardtail down to that weight with bits from my parts bin.
Ok, its not a 17lb work of art like a fellow member has achieved with his ti hardtail but it does get used and abused most weekends and rides very well.
If you want I will post some pics of my zasker le, orange p7,and parkpre which are all in the shed.
I also had a manitou hardtail with full m900 whichI bought new in 94 but
that was nicked several years ago resulting in my first post on this site requesting members to keep an eye out for it.
Now I have worked out how to post pic all further pics will be taken inside the shed as it seems that is far more impressive than my weight weenie build

;)

getting airborne on my airborne.
You can still hammer a good weight weenie build with good quality components.
you dont need 30plus pounds of modern full sus to have fun down the local trails :LOL:

Attachments

• 2004_0313air0003.JPG
    2004_0313air0003.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 3,335
Impressive but what sacrifices are made in terms of strength for the weight loss?

Been looking over your bike all weekend. I like it a lot. Very impresive weight.

I like the components you chose. Rock solid and light to boot. I don't think you have sacrafice much in strength(yet :LOL: )

ot....is the course of bricks part of the planning requirement or are you basing it on elizibethan construction methods...is it damp coursed ect?ps love the bike too.....fellow woodsman fan :cool:

Back