Fat Chance Buck Shaver - More pics

northerndave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Say hello to Buck

So here it is for the first time 90% together, my first retro-ish build.

Quick Rundown:
Fat Chance Buck Shaver 97 M Arrest Me Red
Orange F7 Forks
Mavic 225 wheels with Specialized hubs
XTR Rear Mech
XT Front Mech
XT Rapidfire
Avid Levers and V’s
Race Face Turbine LP crank
Orange SK8 Stem
Easton Carbon Bars (I know – it was the only straight pair I had spare)
Zoom Post
Flite Saddle

Have to say I’m pretty chuffed with the result. It’s so nice to see a neat steel bike up against fat Alu frames.

Some Yellow Judy SL’s are on the way but I like the look if it rigid for the moment, the F7’s are gone be yellow soon.

What’s everyone think?

Attachments

• IMG_8705.jpg
    IMG_8705.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 8,910
  • IMG_8706.jpg
    IMG_8706.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 8,910
Superb. F7 forks an excellent choice. I wonder if you'll actually prefer the Judys - F7s are a classic, and what a fine colour they are too! ;)

I personally disapprove of the yellow cranks as well, but then it's not my bike, is it? Worse luck.

Anthony":3f9yd99u said:
Superb. F7 forks an excellent choice. I wonder if you'll actually prefer the Judys - F7s are a classic, and what a fine colour they are too! ;)

I personally disapprove of the yellow cranks as well, but then it's not my bike, is it? Worse luck.

Yeah colour is a bit all over at the moment. I'll see what the yellow/red scheme looks like with the judy.

Really interesting - spray my Fuquay red and it would look just like that - thick chainstays, thin seatstays, wishbone, bullet tips stays, gusset under head tube/downtube, side-of-top tube mounted cable guides... wonder if Greg was influenced?

pa261080mediumgn6.jpg

Got all the mechs wired up today took off the black wall tyres and dug out some skinwalls.

Out with the 2.1 Yeto Fro in with the 1.9 Smoke Lite...

Went for the inaugural ride and it was sweet as. Really nice to have a full steel bike. I forgot how great felling steel is and to get to ride a bike which was way out of my reach back in the day makes it all better.

Attachments

• IMG_8731.jpg
    IMG_8731.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 8,671
Nice.

i considered the same fork for my Fat too,..looks so much like the Tange Struts.

but i would paint it black, combined with a black stem and you got yourself a gorgeous bike

Very Nice... :) always liked Chance frames very clean and nice welds and i like it in red... Great job.

hey hey!!

Another Arrest Me red Buck!!
Lovely bikes! Lookes good and tidy too :) Good choice.

Gotta say, this Fat is one of the best riding bikes I own. Its light, quick and nimble. They may have been the lower cost Fat, but they really do not ride like it. I love mine! :D

Had Judys on mine too, but as I turned it into a real retro rider, its kitted out with stock 97 XT now and an old set of sids. Red and black cool colour combo too :cool:

Back