'Sherwood Pines Ride' 19 April

top day out, weather perfect if a bit chilly at lunchtime - but great to see everybody even if meeting up was a bit haphazard!! Camera lead is playing up so will do photos when I have rebooted PC (a long process unfortunately... :roll: ).

Memorable moments:

* don't ride directly behind Unocogero - he stops without warning :shock:
* Perry who rode all day rigid singlespeed (38:16 :shock: ) and was fastest up every hill :D
* Unocogero getting a treetrunk wrapped around his back wheel
* Rallymarshall coming off - sadly just out of camerashot
* riding the wrong way up several one-way trails only to bump into my mate Si and then Longun and lewis1641 who had been delayed by a puncture in their van
* smelly bog holes that unocogero took delight in leading us through :D
* unocogero says - 'do you want to go this way or that way?' and nobody can make their mind up!
* Doogie's 11 year old lad who kept up with us the whole way!
*Longun jumping the BMX jumps on his 20" GT and styling it up to boot!

Hats off to Matt (unocogero) for top trail setting - cracking day, which must be repeated. (Possibly evening ride if anyone up for it?).

Photos to follow.

* Perry who rode all day rigid singlespeed (38:16 Shocked ) and was fastest up every hill Very Happy

36 :p

yep great day . im bored now :(

it was fun waiting between stints and people passing only for us to set off 5mins later and quickly thrash past them :LOL:

mrs has gone awol and someones cut the grass :LOL: :D

Great day oot with you guys!
Sunny mostly dusty..... How the hell did I get my bike so dirty?

:LOL:

Got to do it again soon

Terrific day. Thanks to everyone for making it so much fun. Off to wash the bike while I can still walk.
I have got no idea regarding the layout of where we were so I'll have to return regularly to build up the picture.
Unocogera- thanks.
Rob

Herewith photos :D

Group photo L-R:

Our trail-breaker Unocogero (Kona Fire Mountain), Doogie (Merlin), Doogie's mate (?Kev, tactfully hiding his modern bike ;)), Doogie's lad, Rallymarshall (Marin), RC300 (Rc200), Perry (Trailstar), RC200ti (RC200) and Caramba Kid (Easton). I took the photo - but my Saracen Kili Flyer is the orange one with green forks.

p4191598large.jpg

Quick break

p4191607large.jpg

Rallymarshall in a blur of speed

p4191600large.jpg

Rallymarshall again in the woods

p4191610large.jpg

Tree wrapped round unocogero's rear freehub and spokes - amazingly no damage!!

p4191611large.jpg

The Mint Sauce shot

p4191615large.jpg

Lunchtime at the cafe

p4191613large.jpg

Doogie's lad cycling over the bridge that some older retrobikers didn't dare do!!!

p4191617large.jpg

Unocogero leads us into Blair Witch territory :shock:

p4191616large.jpg

What a great day Anthony and I have had today :D
All you lads were great company, friendly and made us both feel welcome on the ride.
Our bikes have been spotlessly cleaned to get rid of all that black gritty sludge. :shock:
Just got out of the bath after a long hot soak and my legs feel alot better now. :LOL:
I can still not get my head round how a few of you guys today rode single speed all day, totally rigid and were still so bloody fast up those trails. :shock:
Anthony was so chuffed that he rode so well today and to be quite honest I was very surprised he did it all.
I really do think he will run rings around me in a couple of years time. :oops: :shock: :oops: :LOL:

Anyway thanks Matt for leading us today and showing us alot of routes which I never new existed. :oops:

Cheers for an excellent day chaps. ;)

Can't wait for another ride in Sherwood Pines soon. :p

Back