gt ? .............

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
my 1992 (i think) gt ..........

bought from ebay for £80 + £20 delivered to my door..........

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

and what it should look like........

IMG_1332.jpg

it's a bit of a mix and match having xt mechs and modern gripshift shifters (these have already been removed :D ) it's got slr cantis (soon to be blue 987's) some saracen pedal arms and the cable guide under the crank is off a reliagh lol...

theres a nice straight set of snowflaked wheels too , stx hubs and mavic x317's and some new kenda tyres....

not sure on the pink bit's tbh but they'll stay for now , think i'll repaint it white........

all comments welcome

legrandefromage":lehxr0fl said:
'ALLGTTERRA'

Frame looks newer than the parts suggest

after more paint stripping , your right lol . i can honestly say i know very little about gt's , it's 100% straight with very little rust , was'nt sure about the year so was only going by what the last owner said .

i don't think the decals were the factory ones myself tbh......

Yeah definately not a 92. Still had a U-brake in 1992. It looks like a 1993 from the decals (in the bottom picture) and my guess would be a Timberline in 'Blue Mist' or a Talera in 'Pearl Teal' from the colour, the shape of the forks, the QR/seatpost and the double mounts on the drop-outs.
Bit of a spares bucket build based on the mish-mash of parts, from various points in the early to mid 90's.
The 1993 Timberline and Talera were both built up using the low end Shimano Altus A10/A20 groupsets.

gm1230126 or Pickle might know a bit more...

Back