The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1989 Team Marin How Much?

Thanks for the replies.

Was thinking £200 ish, so sounds about right, now to ebay or forum it?

And thanks for the generous offers already on the table, lol!

Cinder Cone

Found my old bike in the back of the garage. How mich would she fetch if I were to sell her?

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 2,193
[/quote]

Then I guess that's what they are...strange, I don't remember TranX making anything good...they were like Tektro, no?

[/quote]

TranzX is the house brand of Taiwan manufacturer JD Components. They make lots of alloy products: bars, stems, posts, bar ends, skewers and Razor scooters. They are also a contract manufacturer for other branded products. Nothing to do with Tektro.

Then I guess that's what they are...strange, I don't remember TranX making anything good...they were like Tektro, no?

[/quote]

TranzX is the house brand of Taiwan manufacturer JD Components. They make lots of alloy products: bars, stems, posts, bar ends, skewers and Razor scooters. They are also a contract manufacturer for other branded products. Nothing to do with Tektro.[/quote]

Didn't say they had anything to do with Tektro...was just comparing the level of product. Didn't mean to insult one or the other.

Re: 1989 Team Marin How Much?

em1":134l48sm said:
Thanks for the replies.

Was thinking £200 ish, so sounds about right, now to ebay or forum it?

And thanks for the generous offers already on the table, lol!

I think you might struggle to get that for it, TBH. It's nice, but not that nice.
I'd be delighted if I was proved wrong of course, but I reckon closer to £150.
But I'll put another bid on the table of £4.01. :p

Re: 1989 Team Marin How Much?

chris667":31f0415m said:
I think you might struggle to get that for it, TBH. It's nice, but not that nice.
I'd be delighted if I was proved wrong of course, but I reckon closer to £150.

Oh I don't know, it has an XT sharkfin as well so that'll whack up the price a fair bit!

Rocky Mountain Element, 1996

First year of the Rocky Mountain Element - having ridden it I can't believe it stayed almost unchanged until 2007, especially compared to my Turner Burner of same vintage which is still in use (albeit with all modern kit) and much more capable.

Ignore the rear wheel - it didn't come with one and that's my only spare. Yes it is fixie. Pedals are out of the bin too.

Element 1996 frame with '3-D' link. Raw frame, yellow swingarm/seatstays
1996 Judy XC forks (the nickelite coloured ones) and Fox vanilla coil shock

Race Face forged cranks with 3-D purple big ring (purple is not a crime!)

Rocky Mountain stem/bars/grips

Anonymous brake levers (look like Dia-Compe SS-7s) with X-Lite blade and bolt kit upgrade
X-Lite red ano bar-ends
Gripshift SRT 600 8-speed with XT front mech and (new) 9-speed LX rear mech
Rocky Mountain 440 own brand rim on Pace carbon front hub

WTB skinwall Velociraptors in decent but not new nick.
XT V-brakes that look more modern than the rest of the bike (same style as on my 1993 Hammer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickw3216/48300726/in/set-1678336/)
No name seatpost and saddle
No rear wheel
No pedals

If it's worth a decent amount I'll consider selling. If it's not I'll be on the look out for a rear wheel and will build it up myself.

Any valuations would be brilliant. I can't really afford the shed space.

/Edited to add photos

1994 Specialized Stumpjumper - whats it worth

Hi,

I have a 1994 stumpy in light army green (only way I can descibe it). It has most of the original LX Deore kit on it except for a Lite Force flat handle bar. I'm looking to sell it as since getting into riding a bit more I know it's too small for more than a 2hr ride (I'm 6ft 2).

I have very little idea of what it's worth, please can someone give me some guidance.

At the moment pictures are on my link in the For Sale section but the mods may remove this as I'm unable to ask a specific price (sorry guys!).

I'd love it to go to someone who would really appreciate it so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper - whats it worth

Rords":1vhqovd5 said:
Hi,

I have a 1994 stumpy in light army green (only way I can descibe it). It has most of the original LX Deore kit on it except for a Lite Force flat handle bar. I'm looking to sell it as since getting into riding a bit more I know it's too small for more than a 2hr ride (I'm 6ft 2).

I have very little idea of what it's worth, please can someone give me some guidance.

At the moment pictures are on my link in the For Sale section but the mods may remove this as I'm unable to ask a specific price (sorry guys!).

I'd love it to go to someone who would really appreciate it so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There is one for sale at the moment http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57719

Not quite the same, but this went cheap on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIALIZED-STUMP ... 240%3A1318

Depending on condition then around the 120 mark would be a good top end price. If you want more then split it ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Vintage Harry Hall

Hi thinking about selling my Harry Hall from approx 1970. I think it is the only 50th frame built by Harry Hall (definietly between 0 nd 300 according to Gragham Hall) and has the original paint in great condition bar a few marks and a spot of surface rust under the top tube. Made from Reynolds 531 with Campagnolo dropouts.
DSC00575.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

All original as far as I can tell. Seattube is between 56-57cm. Most components look like new.

spec:
Campagnolo record hubs on AVA tubular rims with Campagnolo quick releases - tubs could do with replacing
Campagnolo BB and headset
Campagnolo Gran sport chainset (3 arm)
Campagnolo pedals and Christophe clips
Campagnolo front mech and downtube shifters
Campagniolo Nuovo Record rear mech (dated 1970)
Regina freewheel + plus 2 unused spares
Zeus seatpost and Cinelli Unicantor saddle - saddle shows signs of wear
Cinelli bars and stem
Weinmann type 500 quick release calipers

Wondering what its worth. I though it was too small for me, but just measured it and it is bang on (about 57cm). Trouble is I am about to receive my freshly painted Merlin Racing Cycles frame back from Bob Jackson so can't keep both! Might stip the Harry Hall and sell F+F or sell complete.

Thanks for any input[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back