Ok you horrible lot

go on then ;)

I think its funny how people get so defensive over their choice wether to firstly even own retro bikes & 2ndly, wether they ride them or not ;)

The Bonty...

The crash site...

hahaha, <cough> I mean are you okay mate? :roll:

looks like the steps near the city centre bristol?

Ssshhh! They might charge me for the fence ( I'm serious! ). The Bontrager stem ( with ONE M5 bolt securing the handlebar ) allowed the riser bar to twist upside down on the 2nd flight of stairs. By the 5th flight I've accelerated up to warp speed toward the busy road so I chose the fencing and scaffolding as the easiest option.
Bad bits- I can't work for a while as I've carpal tunnel syndrome ( hand shagged....ouch )
Good bits- Bonty stem now in bin. CAN'T allow anyone to own such a dangerous piece of engineering ( albeit originally designed for flat bars ).

-On-one ( 4xM4 bolt front loader ) stem on until Salsa start making the 2 bolt chromo ones again ( I bought the last one off you: lush+still on the geared Bonty ).

-The Eno eccentric wheel NEVER slacked through the whole thing!

I guess people buy retro for a lot of reasons. Hey! Whatever gives them pleasure!
I get pleasure from owning nice bikes and riding them, allthough I'll try to use a suitable bike for suitable terrain.
I've had a few FS but for 3 or 4 trips to the Peaks/Wales a year I couldn't justify keeping 'em. The Airborne with 100 mm Fox RLC's on does just fine in those locations (for me) and I keep up with FS guys, also a HT is more suited to my location.

Weren't suggesting you use the FAT Ti for downhilling, just thought you'd use it for easy rides. ;)

Fat ti was the first one that came to mind dude! You know what I mean!
;)

Back