My Bike Jumble purchase.

Old Ned":35qxodzt said:
retrojon":35qxodzt said:
Excuse me for being dumb, where are the pics?

They're in my first post, I can see them as can other people I presume. I can't explain why you can't, sorry. Can anyone else?

Ed, what times would you like me to post? 2.30am, 11.43pm, - OK?

12 or 24 hr clock?

Only joking :) ;)

There's a 10 on locally in a couple of weeks. I'm tempted to enter just to get a time to put on entry forms as I haven't raced for over 20 years.
Sad old fella that I am :roll:

Jim, I've got some Bio-pace rings but they won't fit - thankfully :D

Very nice !! I have`nt seen one of these since late 80`s, its in beautiful condition too.
By the way you should do the 10`, I did one a couple of weeks ago at the course I used to ride, like you, the first for over 20 years.........my time was no where near what I did back then, but it was good to do it.

There won`t be another of those bikes there that`s for sure.

wow, could'nt see the pics at first and was worried what i was missing. Now i can see it i don't think i've ever seen anything quite like it. The fillet brazing is superb and the super close clearances and the steep angle seat tube and the pmp cranks, i could go on! Lovely ride. Congrats

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

All I've done is buy it not build it so I can't take any of the credit for the quality of build. I really like a good smooth lugless brazed frame. I also like fancy lugs as well though!

I just hope I can do it justice if I decide to race on it next year.

I'm not expecting to break any records or get anywhere near my old times. It will be like starting from scratch, hoping to beat my 'new' personal bests!

I've just acquired a pair of 28 spoke wheels, Campag Small Flange Record hubs on Mavic GP4 sprint rims complete with one unused tubular. They're 5 speed though so I'll have to adjust the axle spacing and possibly the dishing if I want to use 6.

All I need now is fitness to match the machine - but I can't buy that!

supa machine! but take the gears off and ride it fixed. Providing its not a hilly event you might go faster. I did my PB for a 10 on fixed with disc wheel, single brake. bike weighed nowt.

supa machine! but take the gears off and ride it fixed. Providing its not a hilly event you might go faster. I did my PB for a 10 on fixed with disc wheel, single brake. bike weighed nowt.

Well, 5 months on I've managed to re-equip the 'Ultimate' with some different components and get it more into the condition I wanted.

The aero brakes have come off (to go on something else eventually) and replaced with Weinmann 500 stirrups, Weinmann drilled levers and exposed cables. Suntour ratchet handlebar end gear lever, Cinelli 'Criterium 65' bars with 14cm stem and Benotto tape, Campag large flange hubs on Mavic GP4 rims 28 spoke, PMP cranks with 52 ring, SR Track pedals and Christophe clips and straps and Huret Jubilee mechanism. The tubulars are currently some Vittoria Rallys but I have some Vittoria Crono 7oz Silks waiting for serious riding!

I think it now looks very 1980-ish.

This is how it will look on Sunday at the Classic Bike Display

Attachments

• Ultimate150409.1.A.jpg
    Ultimate150409.1.A.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,116
not ashamed of asking :?

but what is the rationale for these L shapes PMP cranks ?

what is the equivalent longitudinal classical length ?

is it supposed ti improve the lever effect :?: :?: :?:

or was it just a "marketing gimmick"

bduc61":3bg3yxaw said:
not ashamed of asking :?

but what is the rationale for these L shapes PMP cranks ?

what is the equivalent longitudinal classical length ?

is it supposed ti improve the lever effect :?: :?: :?:

or was it just a "marketing gimmick"

Answers -

Marketing and Sales - something different often sells.

Equivalent length is a straight line from the axle to the pedal, in this case 170mm.

Yes, it was 'supposed' to! But there is no actual extra benefit from the
'L' in practice.

See answer 1 above!

Back