Hiya.. Just found this forum!

Carsten G.

Dirt Disciple
I thought I was all alone with my perverse love for old bling.

My project. 50th anniversary D'accordi with C-Record Century gruppo. Pic will follow in next post. All the Century items are almost new and have been a pain to track down. I represents the bike I always wanted as a kid.

My newest purchase is 1980 Colnago frame, which I want campag Super Record stuff on. Got it off ebay, but it was listed as a 1979 frame but the picture of Roger de Vlaeminck has thrown that date off as he was riding for them in 1980. Either way its got lots of battle scars so I am at odds whether to respray or leave it with "patina"

daccordi.jpg

That's a beaut. Got the parts to finish it off yet?

Any pics of the colnago?

Good to see another road collector on the board. Like the disc wheel hanging in the background too :D

Thanks for the comments folks!
Yes it is sporting a set of century anodized Delta brakes purely because they are the greatest looking brakes and mark a period in Campag history. I would love a 1st gen C-record derailler but that wouldn't fit with the rest of the gruppo. It has grey anodized C-record headset, derailleurs, chainset, hubs, levers, deltas. Unfortunatly the seat post and shifterlevers never came in century finish. I also got a NOS Regal saddle in black to go with it and a D'accordi panto'd stem is bolted to the cinelli drops.

As I understand it from campyonly.com, the Century gruppo was only made in 500 sets, thus being more rare than the 50th anniversary gruppo. I am lucky enough to have another two sets of Deltas (silvers and another Century grey ones)

I have a set of wheels for it but dont know which clinchers to fit. I also have a set of NOS C-record century hubs but need to track down a set of period rims to get them buildt with.

Whats the verdict?.. go with tubs or clinchers for a bike like this?

The colnago I will not respray, but leave as is and try to track down a used but not wrecked Super Record group....maybe used 50th anniversary. I just think that any self respecting retro biker has to have a piece of '70s italian steel with campag bits in the collection.

Back