scan0029-1.jpg

scan0030-1.jpg

scan0031.jpg

scan0032.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0034.jpg

scan0035.jpg

scan0036.jpg

:D oh happy days! I bought a Cro-mega DX in July 1990 and... I still have it and am in the process of restoring it! It been mostly upgraded to XT now, and needs a new front rim, bottom bracket, and a bit of paint here and there, but other than that it's sound!

It's been well loved and used over the years. I've only just bought a new bike now because I want to restore it.

Mike Kloser is God, I mean how chilled out does he look in clothing part of the catalogue. :D

Chuffed to have found this website/forum, I've just started getting back into mountain biking after about 12 years away from the serious side of the sport. I'm delighted to see that there are still people who think non-suspension bikes are cool!

Cheers Sinnett for brightening my day up!

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see fellow alpinestars fans on the forum. Get some pics up of your bike, will be great to see how it has evolved.

Hi, thanks for the welcome, don't know if she's necessarily evolved, but she has aged well! The frame geometry is a thing of beauty in my eyes, I'll definitely put some pictures up of it, maybe as a reference for before an after. Still trying to figure out how to respray it as I can't see how to replace the multicolor stripey stickers, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'll put the pictures up soon :D

Here we go, as you can see she's not in bad nick! She's got the original DX front and rear derailleur and STI Brake and Gear levers, XT Chainrings and cog set. It still has the original Araya RX7 wheels! I reckon with a bit of TLC I could have her back to XC level without too much problem :D

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 3,625
That Cro-mega DX is the one I had!! I have been trying to find pics of it for ages. All I get are the elevated chainstay ones.

Anyone here got one? I sold mine way back in 82' I think?

Back