Is it possible to convert Quadra 21r's to 80mm

retrobloke

Dirt Disciple
Is it possible to convert Quadra 21r's to 80mm by using different springs or aftermarket kits like Risse or englund

It would have to work, but I think you have to change a lot. The innertubes/crown downtubes are not the problem. But if you would place a different damper, you also need a longer neutral shaft.

well to give you some idea , these are the 21 internals

Attachments

• KIT 030.jpg
    KIT 030.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,257
  • KIT 037.jpg
    KIT 037.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,257
Are you sure that this is a Q21R? Is it yellow?

The reason that I ask is that I've owned one and one thing I remember clearly is that the Quadra 21R had a stack of 6 small elastomers that the rider could swap out to "fine tune" the ride, instead of one long one. The Quadra 10 (gray) had one long elastomer.

Anyway... There was no way that I've ever remembered to swap out the internals to increase travel length. However, if you find parts from a long-travel Indy SL you may be able to swap out the stantion/steerer assembly and use the internals from that fork while keeping the lowers from yours.

Good luck!

these are from a quadra 10 , but the 21R i have is exactly the same

including one long elastomer

i am sure they just renamed them for the later years

the only difference being the adjusters , upgraded to an external knob instead of the alllen key slot

just checked the manual and it covers ......

93 quadra

94 quadra 10 and quadra 21

95 quadra 5 , quadra 21 and 21R

96 quadra 5 and quadra 21R

SO YES THEY ALL SHARE THE SAME INTERNALS ( MINOR VARIATIONS )

Thanks for all the info guy's sounds like a fair bit of hassle. I will keep my eye's open for some 96 - 99 80mm forks.

Back