Cannondale SM1000 1990

I'll give this a try, haven't post pictures in a forum in a long time.

IMG_0559.jpg

Test 1

Sorry didn't clean it up for the pictures, you should have seen it Monday, mud everywhere. Control sticks have been on it since it left the shop in May of 1990.

LOL, just noticed my dog pooping in the background

Let me know if you want more.

IMG_0545small.jpg

Aw man...........
Your dog in the pic just made me fall off my seat with laughter!!

it took Mrs puceflange a minute to see what was "wrong" with the pic, had to pick her up too!

Total Class :LOL:

Love the bike too by the way ;)

Gc

Rear Derailleur hanger

Hi,

I'm looking for a rear derailleur hanger for exactly that bike.
Has anybody an idea, where I could get one?

My SM 1000 is hanging around for some years now an I would like to rebuild it again.
Thanxs.

Greetings Roland

Re: Rear Derailleur hanger

biketraum":1jiz1rnf said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a rear derailleur hanger for exactly that bike.
Has anybody an idea, where I could get one?

My SM 1000 is hanging around for some years now an I would like to rebuild it again.
Thanxs.

Greetings Roland
i had the same issue with my frame. i doubt you'd be able to get a pre 1991 derailleur hanger for a cannondale. fortunately the hangers from 1991 onwards fit except for being a bit loose when mounted. i solved it by cutting a "spacer" out of a can.

What do you call "derailleur hanger" ?

If it's the little hanger under the wheel base for the cable, it was not welded like the 1991 and + models…
The solution I did on mine (it was broken) is a bit of aluminum, and… work with a file… A screw is going trough the wheel base. It's easy to replace it.

Beautifull picture with your dog. These C'dales love blac and white animals :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i recently rode the cdale for the first time. afterwards i checked the frame and the crack at the headtube downtube intersection has reappeared.
the frame is dead... :(
cannondale-crack.jpg

great bike,good luck with the respray.......but that pic!!!!.....ha!!......made me snort in my coffee!!!

Back