The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT RTS & Patriot - Please help ?!

Hi guys, I'm new to this site, so Hi

I've got a bit of a dilema, I want to get a new bike, probably a hybrid or road going MTB, so I can use it on road & put the miles in to loose weight , so to make some money I was looking at selling my old GT RTS3 with Rockshock DH forks all in very good runing order. I've got a friends son who would like to buy my bike & wanting to know what sort of price I would like to sell it at. So I did a search & stumbled across this site, and very good it is , brings back good memories, I used to have a stummpy & sold it !!

Any way, some GT RTS I'v seen are going for £125+ for frame only & I initialy guessed about £100 for the complete bike. Now I'm thinking should I sell the bike at all, or keep it & put road/slick tyres on & change the chainset to a more roadie set ?!

I throwing out there, what do you guys think, should I keep & start to use again, or sell to buy a hybrid/road going MTB?

I've also got an Orange Patriot Deore that I was thinking of also selling as I dont use it for the right job, What sort of price should I sell this for?

Cheers, sorry for the re-post, I put it in the wrong section :oops:

Marzocchi Bomber Z1 in orange, good condition, look like the pic below.

How much?

item-20050711221634209.jpg

1989 Team Marin How Much?

1989 Team Marin complete bike, with original spec - as it left the shop.

Paint is slightly discoloured in small area on top tube, and it has the usual marks from cable rub, and paint chips around the seat/chain stays, but it is entirely original right down to the Marin tyres, has full XT etc which is working nicely, also comes with matching Marin waterbottle, and pad to shoulder the bike.

Have checked completed ebay listings etc, but haven't found any of these that have come up for sale, so how much is it worth?

Cheers
Ewansbike4.jpg

Ewansbike1.jpg

Ewansbike3.jpg

Ewansbike5.jpg

richi78":36g52bxm said:
Not so much what is it worth, rather what are they?

12.jpg

no markings on the stem and only markings on the QR's are PAT71510

Yep, TransX = I think I paid something like $40 for a set when new at the LBS..

digitalkreation":1x7zwrz6 said:
richi78":1x7zwrz6 said:
Not so much what is it worth, rather what are they?

12.jpg

no markings on the stem and only markings on the QR's are PAT71510

Yep, TransX = I think I paid something like $40 for a set when new at the LBS..

Then I guess that's what they are...strange, I don't remember TranX making anything good...they were like Tektro, no?

But I like these qr skewers; they work well...thought they were more highend :p

Re: 1989 Team Marin How Much?

em1":mit54sq5 said:
1989 Team Marin complete bike, with original spec - as it left the shop.

Paint is slightly discoloured in small area on top tube, and it has the usual marks from cable rub, and paint chips around the seat/chain stays, but it is entirely original right down to the Marin tyres, has full XT etc which is working nicely, also comes with matching Marin waterbottle, and pad to shoulder the bike.

Have checked completed ebay listings etc, but haven't found any of these that have come up for sale, so how much is it worth?

Cheers
Ewansbike4.jpg

Ewansbike1.jpg

Ewansbike3.jpg

Ewansbike5.jpg

Only worth about £3.50..... I'll send you the cash now if you want? :D
Always liked these BITD but wondered how anybody could ever afford one.

Seen some similar Eldridge's and Pine Mountain's go for around £80 to £100 so guess you could add a bit onto that for yours. Also it's the first one with pink forks I've seen for ages so must be rare + the fact it's got all original parts. My guess would be £150 to £200 but I'm no expert on Marins so could be way out.

£3.50 bid still on the table... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back