Beggers belief

No wonder roadies don't smile

only ever get a few to smile back and its usually the older gents . comeon fellas your not the ones rumbling along on 2.1 knobblies going into the headwind sat upright :LOL:

Madness! They need to be a bit more creative than that, CBA effort! dangerous with safety issues and teh amount the motorist/civilian is already taxed! :roll:

Cobbled roads were a good natural calming, and theoretically last long if maintained. some got tarmaced over (ugly) and then speed bumps!!

So a return to textured roads in built up areas would be OK, wont stop nuggets, soft roaders charging about like abull in a china shop but could be a better solution.

On problem with leaving potholes for a while is that they tend to get bigger and thus more expensive to repair. :roll: And who do you think will end up paying for that. :evil:

Russell":28p8rdnq said:
Brilliant idea. In fact, lets rip up all the roads and go back to dirt tracks.

:D :D you've got my vote

I ride round there all the time.

Not really as pot holed as they made out, there is far worse nearby. I suspect it is smoke and mirrors from Essex county council for not fixing roads since Feb. Perhaps they don't like the parish locals, or a finding scapegoats for their incompetence.

When it got below zero in Feb, lots of their poorly surfaced roads just fell apart. They had just casually resurfaced over them and the tarmac fell away in huge lumps. They still have not fixed many A roads, let alone small roads. Complete jokers.

Some of their "repairs" have already fallen apart in less than two months.

I need to rant some more.

The roads by me are so bad, car manufacturers are no longer using test tracks for car suspension, they just do a lap around my area.

The other year they put up 10 signs on a 1/2 mile bumpy bit of road. Proper signs with poles concreted in, saying don't go over 30 as it is too bumpy. 4 weeks later they resurfaced it. These guys really know how to waste money.

They have however managed to repaint all the white lines, and change the lane layouts etc. so that nothing works properly any more.

Back