sastusbulbas

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My current retro (ish) ride,

pics009.jpg

pics018.jpg

Hi all,

The Judy's are mint, and I have full fork boots with foam o-rings for them, which I will get round to fitting.

Rest of the bike isn't up to spec, I had planned to build it up with canti's and 900 XTR where possible, but just have not had the time or money due to other commitments.

Still its pretty fun, light and rides well.

The wheels are Hugi 240's laced to Mavic 517 cermamics, Eastom bars and post with a San Marco Aspide saddle, Avid Magnesium brakes with Titanium hardware, bottom bracket is a UN52 with Deore crank arms and a cheap 32t ring. Basic Eggbeaters. All of which are out of character with the frame.

The Tellico frame is pretty light, 6.4 ti, with massive chain and seat stays, it has the seat collar of my old Dean ti, and the headset and Titec ti stem I think are suitable.

The forks have a long travel cart (75-80mm I think) in them, I have a more suitable pair of Judy SL (63mm) with the canti brace to fit if I manage to get the time to do a more retro build.

I have a pair of Red Hope Ti Glides for the early 90's with worn 217 ceramics, guess Mavic 117 would be more suitable?

I am thinking XT thumbies, with an old XTR 900 rear mech (I am sure I have a front).

Not sure what post or bars I can get that match from that frame era, nor what canti's to look for, though I like the XTR canti's.

Chaniset? No idea!

:)

triple wow! a tellico....the first mtb in 6/4...named after Tanasi.....made by Lynskey family..... :p :p :p :p

absolutely stunning!!!

Hi Kase,

Yeah thats your old frame there, its been built up like that for some time running as a single speed, since selling my Fat Buckshaver the Lightspeed has seen a little more use :)

Though every timer I ride it, it feels like it's crying out for more early 90's components.

An XTR 900 groupset would be nice......

Back