Look what I just bought!

Stevek,
parts so far, '95 Dura Ace bar ends, Sugino Mighty 900 180mm cranks, Avid Shorty 4s with upgraded cartridge inserts, white Rolls saddle with matching bar tape and Exage white-hooded aero levers, M950 wheels on T520 rims....proper old skool* build.

*just like my Bontragers, I never aim for authenticity in a build but " feel. " For example, Mafacs would be period but they're a paintwork-killing, knuckle-stripping b@st@rd to set up whereas Shortys are as easy as Vs for set up and are more powerful.

Stick legs,
I've a 23" 2006 Galaxy frame and fork going spare when I've built me Longstaff up ( it's been my work bike for nearly a year now ). There's a tiny bend at the top of the downtube where, with the previous owner, it was in a crash ( hence name a stupid price ) but Argos ( who fixed it ) said that was nothing to worry about. I'll post pics when Flickr and Tinypic WAKE UP. Remember, if you want it, only offer a stupid price and you can have it on my famous 2 week money-back, no quibble guarantee.

Common sense has to prevail I'm afraid. I would love it but my DynaTech MT4 frame is arriving at the end of the month and I would really like to get on with accumulating parts for that.

I will say that if you still have it later in the year then I may well be interested. I will have a bigger shed by then too, going 12' x 14' :shock: !

Cool, shouldn't be a problem but it will the title of " awaiting a charity case " as it's stored in the shed so it may go before then...fingers crossed for you.

See, I told you to buy it! That's a lovely frame, and one I can look at in the knowledge it wouldn't fit me :D

Dave Hinde singlespeed is being repainted by Argos, a Bristol trip seems in order once it's completed. What evenings are you running rides, as it might be cool to combine a day in the office in Bristol with an evening ride and drinks?

Great bike! But there must be a better aero lever then Exage for it surely? If I am not mistaken the early Ultegras came with white hoods. ;)

Back