Beggers belief

I'm torn on this. I ride an MTB and stick to quieter roads when on the blacktop so can usually see a pot hole coming and avoid it. At night I have good lights. The cars that use these roads seem to be hell bent on achieving rally speeds and so a duff surface would not hurt me but might slow them down a bit. Maybe then the badger would not have been killed at the end of our road last night.

All my routes to work the pot holes are near the kerb. And to miss I have to cycle out towards the middle. :twisted: :twisted:

I can see that this would be an issue on busy roads. However if we take a step back I would say that the cars and their inconsiderate drivers are the actual problem, not the road surface.

mtbfix":nnsusft2 said:
I can see that this would be an issue on busy roads. However if we take a step back I would say that the cars and their inconsiderate drivers are the actual problem, not the road surface.

So true

Still, don't try to get in the way of the car either literally or metaphorically. Folk can get a bit shirty when you suggest that they give up their cars. 'You cyclists don't pat any road tax...blah...blah'.

the pot holes are near the kerb. And to miss I have to cycle out towards the middle

the road i spend a lot of time on , a quiet country lane the local roadies use as their timetrial is about 2/3 the size it should be as the road is dropping into the dirt at the side

im no civil engineer but once the tarmac has degraded to the point where a hole forms it isnt long before that hole gets considerably bigger . what could be half a day closing off half a road causing a tiny bit of extra time to travel along to fill in a smallun becomes a week to close the entire road , divert the traffic and completely resurface at a much greater cost

i say its propaganda to get the village in the news or someones trying to justify their softroader

perry":36emc8fy said:
just think of all the offroad we would gain :D

No more road cycling for me to work :D :D :D Can't wait. Cycling on the road is so boring.
No wonder roadies don't smile :LOL:

Back