Vista Toshiba laptop Big problem HELP Please

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
This morning my gf laptop shows this!! What has happened? Can it be fixed? And after the message it tries to open but fails. And shows a message telling you to close down.
Big Thanks

Have you got the original Toshiba disk that came with the computer? Put that in the drive and boot up from CD, you should have the option to repair.

stew-b":2lau06bl said:
both options fail??

Yes. Just sits looking at us with this message 'The installed program can not start. Please switch off' :shock:

Easy_Rider":3ha6fk3g said:
Have you got the original Toshiba disk that came with the computer? Put that in the drive and boot up from CD, you should have the option to repair.

:oops: Silly me. Will try that :D Thanks crossed fingers

looks like a systemfile is missing ...have you tried safe booting to safe mode then reloading a save point.if it doesnt work its possible the laptop has a hidden partition where it can reset to factory settings ....worked for me...the shop even used their own vista disc to reinstall the os.whole thing cost 20 quid...all because of antivirus 2007 bug......

Thanks for advice. all sorted. But she has lost every thing on the HD. Why did this happen?? Was it a virus?

tintin40":2oawsfgc said:
Thanks for advice. all sorted. But she has lost every thing on the HD. Why did this happen?? Was it a virus?

nothing is ever lost on an hdd

there are plenty of free file recovery programs that'll do a decent enough job, there are other paid programs that will recover everything.

i deleted over 800 photos on my sd card by mistake, and even took 400 odd more before i realised, and i still managed to recover 99% of them ;)

Russell":1s997dqc said:
You're not running AVG are you? (virus protection program)

Yes she down loaded it from their web site.

We will look into getting a recovery software. for recovering her college work

Back