Thetford meet 13th April - The aftermath

yeah, i thought the route would look like a child scribbling on a page! still can't believe all that fun equalled 20 odd miles! :D

boy"O"boy":1uit7pr6 said:
Here's a link to our route....... shame I forgot to turn it on for the 1st 10mins!

34.8 mph :shock: offroad.... :shock: , is that thing accurate?

Blimey :)

neilll":3mkyfcf5 said:
boy"O"boy":3mkyfcf5 said:
Here's a link to our route....... shame I forgot to turn it on for the 1st 10mins!

34.8 mph :shock: offroad.... :shock: , is that thing accurate?

Blimey :)

34.8 mph was recorded on the first part of the red route, easily done on this bit of the trail. I was on the SS freewheeling, legs could not go fast enough.

whats the food like as im planning on going there soon for a day trip of riding very slowly on the dry bits ?

gibbleking":1mx6p1lk said:
whats the food like as im planning on going there soon for a day trip of riding very slowly on the dry bits ?

BCP cafe is very good, cakes are yummy plus they do hot pasties and breakfast baps. Service is a little slow a busy times. The trails yesterday were perfect, damp but not wet. If it is too dry at Thetford it becomes very slippy. Avoid High Lodge car park, it cost £7 to get in, BCP car park is free.

7 quid ....yikes thats a stinger....as 20 odd miles are a bit much for my poor batterd husk of manliness are there any shorter routes i can use?ps is the bcp one close to the food lodge or a bit of a hike?

gibbleking":n4a5xz65 said:
7 quid ....yikes thats a stinger....as 20 odd miles are a bit much for my poor batterd husk of manliness are there any shorter routes i can use?ps is the bcp one close to the food lodge or a bit of a hike?

The only established route we did yesterday was the short loop on the red, the rest was bits we know or discover as we ride. The Green (family) route is 6.3 miles, Blue (moderate) 8.1 miles, Red (difficult) 8.1 miles & Black (v. difficult / technical) 10 miles. Nothing on the red or black routes would really challenge you unless you went too fast.

The first photo on this thread was taken at BCP (Brandon Country Park) cafe, right by the car park.

looking forward to going now .....end of may time sounds good ...maybe camp somewhere nice nearby ..

Bollox. How did I miss this :roll: :LOL: :twisted:

Next time gadget, next time

23.jpg

Back