How much is it to respray a frame??

I recently had my Roberts done at woodrups in Leeds. (would have been Bob jacksons whom I have used before, however I forgot they closed on wednesdays...and Woodrups were on the way back).

They have done a great enamel job, got hold of a new decal set for me & applied it before lacquering. Very happy .

Cost me £112.

Powder coat does often tend to be cheaper, but good paint looks fantastic.

JeRkY":2xvp2oma said:
I recently had my Roberts done at woodrups in Leeds. (would have been Bob jacksons whom I have used before, however I forgot they closed on wednesdays...and Woodrups were on the way back).

They have done a great enamel job, got hold of a new decal set for me & applied it before lacquering. Very happy .

Cost me £112.

Powder coat does often tend to be cheaper, but good paint looks fantastic.

You got a pic of it??

not a good one no, its completely white & the shot was taken with flash at night that tends to cock up the contrast and makes it look like its glowing :p

JeRkY":3twz763i said:
not a good one no, its completely white & the shot was taken with flash at night that tends to cock up the contrast and makes it look like its glowing :p

Is white the in colour???

respray costs

Powder coating can be difficult if you want to touch up those chips you'll eventually get. No matter which company you talk to they will all say their method (powder coating or paint) is the best.
For paint, the best place as recommended is Argos in Bristol. They will charge about £110 depending on what you want doing; click on their web site (google Argos, Bristol) and they have a price list.
You have to add on the cost of delivery and collection.
Where do you live? AW Cycles in Caversham, Reading do a delivery and collection to Argos chepaer than you'll get anywhere. The guy that owns AW will also show you some good colour examples which would give you a better idea than the web site.
If you don't take all the bits (headset, bottom bracket) you will get charged.

Re: respray costs

Kilawayah Child":fnb2c1t0 said:
Powder coating can be difficult if you want to touch up those chips you'll eventually get. No matter which company you talk to they will all say their method (powder coating or paint) is the best.
For paint, the best place as recommended is Argos in Bristol. They will charge about £110 depending on what you want doing; click on their web site (google Argos, Bristol) and they have a price list.
You have to add on the cost of delivery and collection.
Where do you live? AW Cycles in Caversham, Reading do a delivery and collection to Argos chepaer than you'll get anywhere. The guy that owns AW will also show you some good colour examples which would give you a better idea than the web site.
If you don't take all the bits (headset, bottom bracket) you will get charged.

I see i live in exmouth devon. Do most of you guys get your bikes resprayed??

frame respray

I've only got 1 resprayed 'cause it was in a terrible state and I wanted to rebuild it as original.
I did talk with a powder coating company your way; but I really can't remember who they were. I did find their name in the back of MTB or similar mag

Re: frame respray

Kilawayah Child":1grkoce0 said:
I've only got 1 resprayed 'cause it was in a terrible state and I wanted to rebuild it as original.
I did talk with a powder coating company your way; but I really can't remember who they were. I did find their name in the back of MTB or similar mag

What does your resprayed one look like?? you happy with it?

Back