2 months long enough to wait?....

Easy_Rider":2meuwnfh said:
I wonder what the time limit is before a mod takes an interest, or do you have to be in the hallowed "inner circle" of people.

I have noticed this before in the past....

not going to win any friends, but it's just my observation.

I know how it may feel when you think no one is helping, and its pretty heartbreaking when you pay good money for a part which never arrives (theft in my opinion)
i have traded a bit here and the longest I took to send an item was 2 weeks and I found that really embarresing :oops:
Try to keep cool tho, Im home this weekend and Denbigh is only down the road!

Easy_Rider":3etf45o8 said:
I wonder what the time limit is before a mod takes an interest, or do you have to be in the hallowed "inner circle" of people.

try pm ing a mod if you want particular attention, mods are volunteers, and are not paid to read or every post that appears on the forum. I understand you are (rightly) annoyed but having a go at the mods for not responding on a sunny bank holiday evening isnt going to help. As you suggested people (inc mods) do have things to do outside of the forums, and I am sure one of them will respond to this thread in good time, however if you do want quicker response, try contacting one of them.

I'd also call for the naming and shaming approach, others may be in your situation, others may be about to get into your situation!

Hope it works out for you.

Think yourself lucky.

I sold a pair of NOS XTR M900 hubs on this forum. The transaction began over a year ago, and I'm still waiting for payment. I think I'm resigned to the fact that paying for things isn't very high on the buyer's list of priorities. Unfortunately I trusted him to keep his word.

It's not the money (although to be honest it would be really useful just now). It's that I'd always thought cyclists were a cut above, and I'm really, really disappointed.

name and shame any bad senders/payers :twisted: :twisted:

It's been done before. Then the site can get rid of them. As they get this friendly chat site a bad name. then people will leave. And nobody wants that

JeRkY":3kk12ap1 said:
Easy_Rider":3kk12ap1 said:

try pm ing a mod if you want particular attention, mods are volunteers, and are not paid to read or every post that appears on the forum. I understand you are (rightly) annoyed but having a go at the mods for not responding on a sunny bank holiday evening isnt going to help. As you suggested people (inc mods) do have things to do outside of the forums, and I am sure one of them will respond to this thread in good time, however if you do want quicker response, try contacting one of them.

I'd also call for the naming and shaming approach, others may be in your situation, others may be about to get into your situation!

Hope it works out for you.

Not having a go at the mods, i know they are unpaid volunteers :oops:
I'm just mega pissed off at this guy. He wanted to bring it round, and we even arranged a day a little while back, i rushed home from work and waited, next day when i asked him where he was he'd made other arangements, that's just plain rude and i have been taken for a ride.... to him it's just a stupid wheel, to me it's like i have been treated like scum. I've given my mobi number, my address, even said he can put it in my timber shed if he's passing and i'm not in because he insisted on dropping it round, i've even offered to pick it up from his work but he hasn't given me he address, what more can i do?
Everyone else who had problems with this guy got it sorted, why he didn't just post mine at the same time i don't know!
he's not posted on here since march 23rd now.

But sure enough, he'll turn up at some point with some excuse and make me look stupid for spitting my dummy out.... :LOL:

Two Months

Hi mate
2 months! I would never say your spitting the dummy!

One eyed Jim, situation is dreadful and yeah, to me thats theft.

I know I am forgetful sometimes and between work and buying a few things for a build something may get missed but if I'm reminded I would have it sorted double quick. Like most on here I would be highly embarrassed if someone was left waiting to be paid.

Jamie

No excuse for this IMO If folk have got time to post an item for sale, accept payment then surely they have got time to post the item.

I'd be well pissed If I was you. Name & shame!

Saying that the guy might have a valid reason...

Hope it all works out, ok.

Easy_Rider":2mpl185p said:

I can understand your frustration but no, you aren't. There is no inner circle and each complaint is treated seriously. As Fluffy Chicken says we cannot possibly read every single thread, if you have a genuine concern over a transaction on the site please PM me as per the guidance and I will act accordingly.

As for name and shame I prefer every effort is made to sort things directly. However in cases where things have dragged then sometimes a name and shame can and will help.

Right, that aside please PM me the user and transaction details and I will contact them directly. As for further actions please use the feedback forum appropriately, one I have all the details I will also consider a temporary and permenant ban.

cheers

John

Latest posts

Back