How much is it to respray a frame??

Paint

Hi rojo
I see tiboltrider has put a link up for my kona. I would recommend 1st choice finishers in pinhoe. Give them a call, I paid £40 and got the frame sand blasted, undercoated and powder coated. They hold a good range of colours and turn around is just over aweek.

Cheers kirbdug :D

Just bear in mind most powder coaters are more industry based rather than aesthetic.this doesn't mean they do a worse job but be aware that they won't file and sand down deep marks like chain suck marks,just powder over them.also i'd recommend losely fitting a bottom bracket and all the other bolts in the frame.i didn't do this and the painter just powdered the lot,threads included.it was a total pain in the arse cleaning all the threads up.the powder on my kona cost 30 quid and included blasting.i think he did a decent job.look at the fire mountain in my sig and see what you think

Thanks for reply s everyone how easy is it to put the stickers on the frame once it is finished

rojo":1o6wavj5 said:
Thanks for reply s everyone how easy is it to put the stickers on the frame once it is finished

Requires a PHD in balanced adhesive application between ferrous/non-ferrous materials. If you dont have one of those you could use any on the job experience you have from using sticky tape and hanging pictures level on a wall.

;)

lewis1641":2l545rqv said:
i'd recommend losely fitting a bottom bracket and all the other bolts in the frame.i didn't do this and the painter just powdered the lot,threads included.it was a total pain in the arse cleaning all the threads up.

This is something I'd thought about. What's the general concensus on BB and rear mech threads?

Also - does anyone remove the rear canti mount?

I got my Bonty done earlier this year at Belmont Metal Finishing nr. Leicester for £35 + vat. I got the frame acid dipped by a mate first so it was already back to naked steel. Liberal use of helicopter tape was my idea. More than happy with it. Very sparkly in direct sunlight, looks anthracite on overcast days.

[Click images to enlarge]

J i m s t e r":11msysj8 said:
I got my Bonty done earlier this year at Belmont Metal Finishing nr. Leicester for £35 + vat. I got the frame acid dipped by a mate first so it was already back to n*ked steel. Liberal use of helicopter tape was my idea. More than happy with it. Very sparkly in direct sunlight, looks anthracite on overcast days.

[Click images to enlarge]

Looks a real nice job, so is it easy to put stickers back on??

J i m s t e r":ym9wyqdl said:
Didn't bother with stickers - when the paint is this nice, why ruin it?

Wow oh wow see what you mean that is one nice bike!!

Back