Recommend a helmet?

As said above, you have to try some, cause you'll only wear that helmet if it fits you right, MET works best for me, KAOS UL to be precise ;)

I've always had a Specialized shaped head, until two weeks ago when I tried on a cheapie Giro (can't remember the model) and it fitted perfectly.

The advent of the Roc Loc (Giro first?) at the back of the helmet revolutionised the fit.

chris667":1ybg1lty said:
There was an article in the CTC mag a while ago that talked about different standards for helmets. There's a European one that all helmets in the UK have to pass which is called ANSI, and there's an American one called SNELL, which British helmets don't have to pass that is a lot stricter.
It might be worth finding out about this.

ANSI - American National Standards Institute
IIRC? the British counter parts only tested for one hit! AFTER ALL, its not very often that you dont bounce and only hit your head on the deck once!

yo-eddy":2whufy1g said:
MET works best for me, KAOS UL to be precise ;)
Ooh bling!

I could only afford the regular Kaos when I bought mine, it's pretty light @ 250g (for an all mountain style helmet), the UL is even lighter under 200g IIRC?

Andy B":3q05pv32 said:
yo-eddy":3q05pv32 said:
MET works best for me, KAOS UL to be precise ;)
Ooh bling!

I could only afford the regular Kaos when I bought mine, it's pretty light @ 250g (for an all mountain style helmet), the UL is even lighter under 200g IIRC?

Had my old MET for about 6 years and after I saw my big brother crash his Helmet 2 weeks ago (Knock-out against a tree, but only a minor concusion after a 24Hour medical check in hospital) I decided to buy myself a fresh one, KAOS UL isn't to bad at CCR at the moment
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=25062

Only had one helmet* (binned it a year or two ago still in excellent condition :oops: ) so I could race BiTD. Used it when it was cold or on longer rides, but for general riding I never used one.

I'm considering a new helmet as well as I've just bought my son (4) one from Lidl (actually seems a very good helmet and he likes it) and he tells me I need one :roll:

* Black/White Giro LeMond helmet from early 90's

FluffyChicken":332a0xnb said:
Only had one helmet* (binned it a year or two ago still in excellent condition :oops: ) so I could race BiTD. Used it when it was cold or on longer rides, but for general riding I never used one.

I'm considering a new helmet as well as I've just bought my son (4) one from Lidl (actually seems a very good helmet and he likes it) and he tells me I need one :roll:

* Black/White Giro LeMond helmet from early 90's

Used to ride without a helmet for 15 years, bought my first one for races also but never used it outside races because it just didn't feel comfy, nowadays helmets are so much better there's hardly an excuse not to wear 'm ;)

Back