Help identifying some Campagnolo parts + new clean pics

The triple arm is a Gran Sport and worth quite a few bob! The front mech's a VERY early ( 1960 ) record; it should have an outer core cable stop and a very groovy/organic looking under-the-BB cable guide.
There's no rubber covers on the gearshifters. I'm thinking this bike's way older than 1970s. It's defo top of the line stuff. Please tell me you paid LOTS of money for it or I'll be tempted to throw cat poo at you.

Gran Sport

Congrats on a very good buy. lovely specced machine that I am sure once tuned will ride like the wind. Really nice, keep the pics coming.

Oh, and please tell agency scum you only paid a fiver at a car boot sale, even if you didnt. I havent seen grown men throwing feline feaces for ages and ages :roll:

Jamie

Well I certainly paid more than a fiver, but it was definitely a good buy. Unfortunately the frame is too small for me - I'm half temtpted to transplant the parts onto a frame that fits but feel that would be a bit of a shame. So will probably clean it up and swap/ sell it for something a little bigger.

I'll post a pic when its all put back together again.

Edit: the only date I found was on the rear mech which said 1970 so I assumed all the bits were from then. Obviously could be later/earlier though.

I used to think steel parts were primitive, being superseded by alu., but like Chater Lea, Campy show how elegant they could be.. :cool:

Here it is cleaned up a bit

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

[/img]

Back