Are spd's easy to use??

Do you use SPD or Flatties??

• SPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flatties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The big problem with newbies is they buy new pedals which don't have the cleats and pedals worn in smooth yet. So not only is the rider nervous, but entry and exit are sketchy.

Give it a try, stick with it, and before you know it you wonder how you got along without them(Except eggbeaters of course. Me hates the eggbeaters).

I used to use them, but now I don't.
They might make you a bit faster but I don't really care about that anymore, so they're in the parts bin. How come all my lovely 1970s Shimano stuff ended up in the bin while the SPDs are still there?
Just spend half an hour watching TV while sat on your bike. Clip and unclip without looking down. You'll forget you have them after a couple of months.

Is there anywhere with cheap shoe to try if i get on with them, looked on ebay and they go for a far bit and if i don't get on with them. Will be a waste of money.

chris667":29c36m7j said:
I've just listed some on the for sale section if you're a size 11 or 12. ;)

You got any pic's of the size 11??

rojo":1snlucfr said:
Is there anywhere with cheap shoe to try if i get on with them, looked on ebay and they go for a far bit and if i don't get on with them. Will be a waste of money.

you could always sell em again ;)

I've use SPDs since they first came out. I bought a set (with shoes) about a week after they were officially released and I've never used anything else since.

I've ridden a couple of bikes with flatties but, when pulling away or climbing, my feet always come off because I'm so used to pulling up on the pedals. I even tried running toeclips and straps on one of my bikes, but soon changed to a half clip arrangement when I nearly had an accident.

Xesh":3t0wiunp said:
I've use SPDs since they first came out. I bought a set (with shoes) about a week after they were officially released and I've never used anything else since.

I've ridden a couple of bikes with flatties but, when pulling away or climbing, my feet always come off because I'm so used to pulling up on the pedals. I even tried running toeclips and straps on one of my bikes, but soon changed to a half clip arrangement when I nearly had an accident.

Bought my first set of xt m737 spd's and nike pooh bahs, still got em and still use them!

Latest posts

Back