1992 Saracen Conquest

Caramba Kid":1dlbe5u0 said:
Very nice indeed, but is that frame not a Conquest Elite?
Had one just like that BITD with Tange Switchblade forks & was definitely a Conquest with the box tubes while the Killi had round tubes.
BTW I'm no Sacacen expert, if they did both frames in box section what were the differences?

I belive the Conquest was Bare polished alloy, Mine is silver painted and was bought as a Kili Elite, Neilll is the man who knows the facts, I know he been seeking a conquest for 15 years ;)

Yeah mine was polished frame, stupidly sold it to buy my first car :cry:
Was polishing the only difference or did the Conquest have extra butted tubes or even a different grade of alloy?

Looking forward to seeing this build completed :cool:
BTW got an M735 XT bottm pull 34.9 band front mech, pm me if that's any good to you.

Caramba Kid":1yiwqaiz said:
Yeah mine was polished frame, stupidly sold it to buy my first car :cry:
Was polishing the only difference or did the Conquest have extra butted tubes or even a different grade of alloy?

Looking forward to seeing this build completed :cool:
BTW got an M735 XT bottm pull 34.9 band front mech, pm me if that's any good to you.

You must be reading my mind :shock: I am hunting for one, PM me a picture and details.

Cheers

Its already there Carlos ;) (page 14)

How could I post it 1st in readers bikes when ESLA is the 1st place for this baby :LOL:

Just out of interest, my FSA Pig headset/jumping off sea-defences on Fleetwood seafront cracked the headtube on my Avalanche - how did you repair it?

XCDave":3bnx0kwz said:
Just out of interest, my FSA Pig headset/jumping off sea-defences on Fleetwood seafront cracked the headtube on my Avalanche - how did you repair it?

I bought it on ebay and it turned up with the pig and the cracks :twisted: I got a partial refund and had a mate weld it who fixes racing cars. I am going to see how it goes when all mounted up with correct steerer as to whether it needs some extra work as the old alloy is easily torn.

I dont want this to be a garage queen, would really like to revive and get it on the trails :cool:

Back